Author Topic: PMView - printing multiple copies through ECups  (Read 3418 times)

gerry

PMView - printing multiple copies through ECups
« on: February 16, 2019, 06:20:21 pm »
Does anyone know where PMView sets the number of copies it wants printed ? About a a year agor a cups update resulted in just one copy being printed regardless. The cups people cannot see any way that multiple copies can be requested in the print file and so are now closing it as a a pmbiew error. Most apps achieve multiple copies by making multiple copies, but PMView just creates the one file however many copies you specify.

I have been trying to ask on the pmview forums, but it seems impossible to register now as they are depending on a superceded version of recaptur

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: PMView - printing multiple copies through ECups
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 07:33:05 pm »
If you are using Firefox 38 and having the captcha problem, try with FF45.

gerry

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 09:33:55 pm »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 09:53:51 pm »
Looks to me like they're using reCAPTCHA V1 which has been shutdown, at least on the register page. Tested on latest SM and on my phone. I'd expect the phone to work.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 06:55:28 am »
Hi Gerry

Using pmview 2.32 the Print dialog has a Ranges and Copies section where you set the number of copies to print.

Out of interest I set 5 copies and printed to a file I called thetest.pdf - Yes, using eCUPS

I opened thetest.pdf in the text editor and see this:-

%%BeginSetup
/mDef matrix currentmatrix def
statusdict /waittimeout 0 put
0 statusdict begin jobtimeout end
ne {statusdict begin 0 setjobtimeout end} if
/#copies 5 def
/dw .11 .11 dtransform pop def

So, looks like you should be able to print multiple copies with the cups port - pmview certainly asks for 5.

You may want to try the above yourself to see if there is any difference in the output.

Regards

Pete