Author Topic: Desktop screen shots  (Read 12999 times)

xynixme

Re: Desktop screen shots
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 10:59:45 pm »
An xCenter upgrade should be seamless, especially to the light version. There's been quite a bit of work done to it and the xcenter version is basically the same as what is shipped with ArcaOS except the branding and a couple of plugins missing.
Alright, I'll consider a test during a rare,  new full install of eCS then, so it won't be that hard to return to the eCenter. Optional extras of the full version may not be a problem, as long as it seems to be seamless. ArcaOS is no issue. By default its standard will be used first then, even if that's a Launchpad.

Doug Clark

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 09:01:10 pm »
Joop,

Your comment about using the Wacom Bamboo pen instead of a mouse intrigued me, so I went looking for how to install tbe bamboo.

(Roderick helped me to get Pen installed)

Could you post your config.sys file so we could see how you have your bamboo configured? And maybe a picture of the tablet?

Thanks
Doug
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:26:14 pm by Doug Clark »

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 11:04:21 pm »
Although this is getting away from desktop screen shots - could we have more please?

Doug, you need to go over to Wim's page http://home.hccnet.nl/w.m.brul/index.html and have a look at his OS/2 pen and touch page.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 11:34:02 pm »

Your picture: scrprt.png (176.13 kB, 1280x1024)
My picture: desktop.jpg (133.28 kB, 1024x768)
My picture is about 40kB less. The difference is in the format. Your's png and mine jpg.

You should sacrifice the 40kBs and use png as it is lossless and gives a better picture, especially with stuff like text. Exception is if you're starting with a JPEG picture.
In the case of the way the net is going its better to go for a JPEG picture, because you can protect it better then possible with a PNG version. With JPEG I have control over quality and smoothing.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 11:40:24 pm »
Although this is getting away from desktop screen shots - could we have more please?

Doug, you need to go over to Wim's page http://home.hccnet.nl/w.m.brul/index.html and have a look at his OS/2 pen and touch page.
I developed with Wim the driver, Wim did the driver, I did the testing. On his site more basic information, on my site http://joopn.home.xs4all.nl/os2ecs/ecs2e1.htm you can download the driver with a manual how to setup. In the manual also the config.sys setup and why that way.

Doug Clark

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2019, 07:22:47 pm »
Joop - thanks for the info. He has a number of tablet drivers and some interesting USB stuff too.