Author Topic: ecenter ecomcenter minimize window question  (Read 10450 times)

David Kiley

• View Profile
ecenter ecomcenter minimize window question
« on: September 25, 2013, 06:41:38 am »
So the ecomcenter has a "minimize all windows" widget built into it, which isn't in the ecenter by default.
I prefer the ecenter otherwise, so does anyone know if there is a way to add that to the ecenter? Sometimes I have a ton of windows open so it would be nice to be able to click one button to clear everything and get to the desktop.

Thanks for the info :)

Pete2

• View Profile
Re: ecenter ecomcenter minimize window question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 01:40:37 pm »
Use the lswitch window list widget. Clicking 'Desktop' minimises all windows; another click restores them.
Pete

David Kiley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:02:37 pm »
Interesting- My ecenter doesn't have the window list widget installed. I see it on someone elses e-center on the screeshot on this older post:
http://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php?topic=188.0

If I click "add widget" I get a list of widgets, but the window list is greyed out so I can't select it.
Is it available for download somewhere so I can add it?

I see it's available as part of xcenter apparently:
http://www.os2usr.org/xcenter/

But what if I just want it as part of ecenter?

I'm using ecomstation 2.1 home edition. I've also tried to google it but haven't found it yet :).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:23:35 pm by David Kiley »

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 11:05:47 pm »
I was under the impression that ecenter was an eCS skinned version of xcenter so you should be able to unpack the xcenter distribution and use the widgets it contains.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 12:56:13 pm »
Maybe you have to create another xcenter/ecenter and delete the one you have afterwards. Thinks it was discussed here how to do a few weeks ago.

Minimize all - I had this function a while ago bound to one of the Win keys. But don't think it was in the xwp key settings but some other key tool delivered with some eCS versions. But can not find right now....

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 03:06:24 am »
Hi Andi

Possibly the "Keyboard - OEM" Keys ( aka [BootDrive]\ecs\system\estyler\estyler.exe with Parameter W )in System Setup as that has a "Hide/show all windows" for Windows Keys.

Regards

Pete

Pete2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 07:21:22 pm »
David, lswitch is at http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/wps/lsw271b0.zip See readme.270 for how to install the widget. It works for ecenter the same way as for Xcenter.

muffetta

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 10:34:49 pm »
Lswitch!!! This was what i was loocking for times ago, thanks Pete, i remember it but not the widget for eCenter! This solve definitively my problem (seems to me that David have the same problem than me with the windows list widget) without reinstalling all!! Now i have only one more desktop (the duplicate one got trying to solve the problem and the previous which has all my personal settings: i should restore manually  deleting/moving them to the new one.
But I still have the question: how is it possible? how occur/solve it?
Regards.