OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Web applications

Firefox and youtube

(1/14) > >>

Eugene Gorbunoff:
Please confirm, does Firefox 38 support youtube?

I am using ArcaOS 5.0 and Firefox doesn't support playback of videos.
Related: Google CAPTCHA doesn't work => it's impossible use popular web-sites.

David Graser:

--- Quote from: Eugene Gorbunoff on April 10, 2019, 10:31:38 pm ---Please confirm, does Firefox 38 support youtube?

--- End quote ---

Eugene

If I remember correctly, no.

You need to try the latest FF.  I have used both the  FFPentium and the FFSandyBrige and both work good.

https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads/

FFSandyBridge 45.9.0 runs just about everything I throw at it except for sites that require a Windows browser.  I use the OS/4 kernel, the FFSandyBridge, and the AVX libs since the OS/4 kernel can use AVX.  For some reason, I cannot find Dave's AVX libs on line.

The FFPentium runs good with the OS/2 kernel.

Tom:

--- Quote from: Eugene Gorbunoff on April 10, 2019, 10:31:38 pm ---Please confirm, does Firefox 38 support youtube?

--- End quote ---

With Firefox 38.8.0 I could play Youtube videos, but some months ago that stopped.
Apparently Youtube no longer supports Firefox 38.8.0 , but it still allows Firefox 45.9.

David Graser:

--- Quote from: Tom on April 11, 2019, 12:08:19 am ---

--- End quote ---

With Firefox 38.8.0 I could play Youtube videos, but some months ago that stopped.
Apparently Youtube no longer supports Firefox 38.8.0 , but it still allows Firefox 45.9.

--- End quote ---

Tom, you are right.  It worked for a very short time and quit working.  That was when I switched to FF45.9.0.

Dave Yeo:

--- End quote ---

I haven't tried it in sometime but others have answered. Make sure you have the FFmpeg libs installed.

--- Quote ---I am using ArcaOS 5.0 and Firefox doesn't support playback of videos.

--- End quote ---

This is a known problem, fixed by updating to FF45.9 for now.
My latest Firefox builds are now at https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/mozilla-os2/downloads/. Using a newer compiler seems to have helped with stability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version