Author Topic: Samba client on OS2 Warp 4.52  (Read 19147 times)

mauro

• View Profile
Re: Samba client on OS2 Warp 4.52
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2019, 08:42:45 pm »

If this all works, then go back to OS/2 and use the command smbclient \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\sharename using your Windows host IP address and Windows sharename.  You hopefully will connect to the share and have an smb command prompt "smb: \>".  You can then issue a "dir" command to list the files in your share as you had  done on your Windows machine.

While doing the above might seem like a PITA, it's helpful to diagnose where you might be having a problem.  If the above works, then you should be able to get NetDrive configured and working with the above IP address, workgroup and sharename.

I'm there: the above works. But getting same error alert after having filled the configuration of smbfs plugin values.
Repeat, maybe I'm missing the correct way to input values in the fields or else the smbfs plugin version 2.1.5 does not match the 4.9.4-4 samba client version installed by yum-rpm, but it looks like I've almost done it, just need the final push.
Thank you
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:44:42 pm by mauro »

Sean Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2019, 06:30:08 pm »
Hi,

I didn't have any further suggestions regarding your NetDrive issue.  I see Paul has offered his assistance so hopefully you will have this resolved shortly.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2019, 07:56:38 pm »
Hi,

I didn't have any further suggestions regarding your NetDrive issue.  I see Paul has offered his assistance so hopefully you will have this resolved shortly.

Ok no problem, thank you for all the indications given till now, which let me a better knowledge than before on this argument