OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Utilities

PMVNC & Linux?

<< < (2/2)

Doug Bissett:
It is PM VNC, in eCS, that contains a JAVA thing to communicate with a JAVA enabled browser. Apparently VINO, in Linux, doesn't have that feature. I find that VNC Viewer in eCS works much better than Firefox anyway.

I expect that you are right about negotiating a common protocol. The delay is only a couple of seconds, so it is not a problem.

Ben:
VINO was already installed on Ubuntu under the same name as with your copy of Mint, Doug: Desktop Sharing.

Works with PM VNC under OS/2 no problem.

Thanks, you saved me some time... which is something I have very little of these days.

I haven't looked into the JAVA equivalents and from what has been said here in this thread, I don't think I'll bother... unless VINO ends up having some hidden faults.

Ian; what's the difference between PM VNC 1.03 and 1.04?

I vaguely remember it being a non step forward or contained some trivial change. Do you, (or anyone), recall if there is any point in "upgrading"?

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---I vaguely remember it being a non step forward or contained some trivial change. Do you, (or anyone), recall if there is any point in "upgrading"?
--- End quote ---

FWIW, I am using the 1.04 version from pmvnc104_ow.zip (at HOBBES). The updates seem to be minimal, but it is probably worth updating, especially if you have an SMP machine.

Ben:
That's funny... when installed and ran PMVNC 1.04ow it lists itself as being PMVNC 1.03ow.

When I looked the file sizes between the two different versions, they were the same as well as  the dates.

It appears that when the last changes were made, the version number was not incremented... meaning I was using version 1.04ow all along with no indicator that it was otherwise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version