Author Topic: Backgroud celebrating 25 years old of OS/2 Warp  (Read 10985 times)

muffetta

Backgroud celebrating 25 years old of OS/2 Warp
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:06:23 pm »
Months ago someone asked me the background bitmap that could be seen in a post here. I found them again, I made them last winter in gimp ​​waiting eCSoft/2 came back online. After understand how to do an upload on Hobbes, I still wrong, sorry  ::) !
Ciao

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Backgroud celebrating 25 years old of OS/2 Warp
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:17:31 am »
Hi.

Nice backgrounds, just reupload the file as "New-WarpBlue-Wallpapers.zip" instead of "New-WarpBlue-Wallpapers.zip.zip".

I guess that is going to "New-WarpBlue-Wallpapers.zip.zip" is going to be deleted by hobbes.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

muffetta

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:25:31 am »
Thanks, Martin. Just done a new upload and in fact now VOICE report it right. So, the zip.zip file will be automatically deleted, hope.
But not all is automatic, is it true? periodically surely someone check it, really? Interesting, a server-side service like this one could possibly interest also eCSoft if there were much more active rumors about OS/2, to provide an hosting service (files/doc..etc). Only a Dream  :P.
The community now could only hope/wait for OSFree realize something right, it is  inevitable, as time progresses inexorably, and information technologies evolve, even with the best hope.
Regards.

muffetta

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 06:41:21 am »
Do not misunderstand, I recommend it, I am convinced activist, not defeatist  ;D . I mean only the physical limit of the actual hardware, we still survive with honor, sure, but sooner or later you will have to compare of necessity with it (see EFI bios).
Regards

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 02:51:50 pm »
Hi Barbara.

About Hobbes: I used to have contact with a student that was hired to made a major overhauling to Hobbes, but sadly the student switch from the University of New Mexico and I lost contact. I'm not sure how much human intervention are on the hobbes file procesing this days.

I was trying to find an open source script that can have the same functionality of hobbes, to try to convince to move hobbes to something more standard (something like a Joomla but for files) but I was not able to find a good file-sharing script, that can be customize to be similar to hobbes. Any suggestion are welcome.

About OSFree: I want to this project to succedd, but it needs help. The main developers of this projects are busy with their real life works.

I want an open source OS/2 clone, but I think that everybody that tried that just make the first shot too big trying to cover up everything. I prefer to narrow it down by only starting with WPS classes over eComStation reusing the stuff we have (XWorkplace, XShadows, etc). That is my approach and it is open for discussion (if anybody wants to discuss it please read the blog), but sadly I'm not a developer and I have not been successful inspiring developer to join this phase on an open source OS/2 clone project.

But I  got a lot of moral support on this subject :)  I think that if I get the interested developers and build with them the development plan, I can try raising some funds to pay something to the developers.
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 07:38:36 pm »
So, the zip.zip file will be automatically deleted, hope.

You will need to e-mail the archiver to get it deleted. The address is at the bottom of the incoming web page. If you just let it stay there, it will, eventually end up in the DELAYED folder, where it will, eventually, be removed when somebody gets around to trying to figure out what it is (could be years from now).

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 06:47:06 pm »
So, the zip.zip file will be automatically deleted, hope.
You will need to e-mail the archiver to get it deleted.

In the meantime, it was deleted. People, please just read and follow the upload policy:

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/uploadpolicy.html

If a file needs to be re-uploaded

There are a variety of reasons for a file needing to be re-uploaded; for example, an upload may have failed, or a .txt file may not have produced the correct results. If this is the case, you will have to rename the old file (most FTP clients, including the ones which come with OS/2, let you do this) to filename.delete and then reupload the file under its original name. For example, if abc123.zip fails on upload, rename the old one to abc123.zip.delete and then reupload abc123.zip. If the upload fails a second time, you can rename the file to any variation of filename.delete, such as abc123.zip.delete2. The same goes for textfiles.

That text is a bit outdated. Since a longer time even WPI is accepted as archive format.

One request to all who upload something: Please always use lower-case filenames. Hobbes is case-sensitive and the files were automatically renamed to lower-case on moving to the proposed directory. Therefore people often don't find mixed-case files (and announced as such) after they were already processed.