OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

os2site.com access

(1/5) > >>

Olafur Gunnlaugsson:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on May 26, 2019, 02:05:09 am ---The official libc05 is here, (use an OS/2 browser) http://www.os2site.com/sw/dev/gcc/old/libc-0.5.1.exe.

--- End quote ---

A number of people have for one reason or another no access to os2site.com, so it is not a recommended source

Here is an alternative that does not rely on difficult to get login rights

http://www.museodelcomputer.org/parts/commodore/1541/docs/devil/pub/IBM/OS2/libc_runtime/index.html

Andi B.:

--- Quote ---A number of people have for one reason or another no access to os2site.com
--- End quote ---
The one reason I can think of is using a non OS/2 browser/system. If you need to access this site from another system I think it's enough to switch the user agent.

What are the other reasons?

Ian Manners:
Hi Olafur,

--- Quote ---Here is an alternative that does not rely on difficult to get login rights
--- End quote ---

Not difficult, on the front page of os2site.com ==> "Authentication is required to access the data section. See the READ ME link in the top left corner."

Feel free to ask me and I will provide you with a username and password.

Cheers

Olafur Gunnlaugsson:

--- Quote from: Andi B. on May 26, 2019, 01:07:23 pm ---What are the other reasons?

--- End quote ---

I literally do not know, you should ask Ian why some requests do not get answered.

Ian Manners:
Hi Olafur,

--- Quote ---I literally do not know, you should ask Ian why some requests do not get answered.
--- End quote ---

I do not think there is a single request I have not answered as the purpose of the verified access is to simply stop my server being swamped by search engines, bots and serial machine gun downloaders.

The only reason I would not answer a request, is if I have not received one. Reasons I may not receive one:

There are some IP ranges that are blacklisted at the firewall, mainly Russia, Ukraine, and some others from M247, all of whom are rampart form spammers and ignore abuse reports. Other IP's blacklisted are torr gateways because I'm sick of the attacks and abuse.
The only email server IP's blacklisted are in general RBL's, plus a lot of Syria, Turkey, Africa and Brazil. LeaseWeb in the Netherlands have a few blacklisted IP ranges as they ignore spam and abuse reports (as far as I can make out, they ignore any form of communication unless you are in The Netherlands). The web form works fine for these.

I have had a couple of people submit requests by my webform that I have not been able to reply to over the years due to an incorrect email address given but otherwise if it's a name I recognize, such as yours, I would contact you by other means.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version