OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Utilities

Create an ISO from a CD

<< < (4/6) > >>

David Graser:

--- Quote from: Valery Sedletski on July 05, 2019, 03:02:44 pm ---2Andre Heldoorn: No, on Hobbes I see an older version. This one is uploaded at

ftp://osfree.org/upload/froloff/cdrtools-2.01.01a59.zip

--- End quote ---

If I remember correctly, this latest one is needed to create an iso file successfully.  I could not get DVD Toys to work until I used this one.

Valery Sedletski:
Yes, the latest one available from Froloff and Nickk (until they left OS/2 and didn't gave the sources to the community. Disappeared in
the unknown direction ;()

PS: BTW, this version of CDRTools supports USB CD/DVD/BD disks (tested well with my Hitachi-LG BP50NB40 Blu-ray/DVD/CD writer).
Though, better use the os2cdrom.dmd version from IBM's UDF filesystem (included in latest versions of eCS and ArcaOS), instead of
the version included in CDRTools.

PPS: On Blu-ray disks, UDF cannot format such disks as a "big disktette". UDF format just returns an "unknown medium" error. I use fat32.ifs for creating "big diskettes" with FAT/FAT32/exFAT filesystem on CD/DVD/BD rewritable disks. Just format such disks with the included FAT utility DLL  with /fs:<FAT16|FAT32|EXFAT> parameter:

--- Quote ---format w: /fs:fat32 /v:fat32dvd

--- End quote ---

And you should be able to use such disks as "big diskettes". I reused here the CDRW read/write code from VBox. So, the same
routines are used in both programs.

Valery Sedletski:
2Doug Clark: BTW, you can use VBox with WinXP guest to run Nero, and grab and burn CD's and DVD's from it. As latest OS/2 version of
VBox has support of CD/DVD pasthrough, and CD-writing software should work fine. Anybody tested that, except me? ;)

PS: PowerDVD should work too, though, I didn't tried it.

David Graser:

--- Quote from: Valery Sedletski on July 05, 2019, 09:22:14 pm ---Yes, the latest one available from Froloff and Nickk (until they left OS/2 and didn't gave the sources to the community. Disappeared in
the unknown direction ;()

--- End quote ---

I wonder if this is froloff

https://github.com/froloff?tab=repositories

https://twitter.com/LeonidFrolov

The guy appears to be a programmer and is still active on twitter.

Valery Sedletski:
No, this is wrong froloff. Frolloff should be Dmitry, not Leonid

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version