Author Topic: OS/2, Realtek and NIC drivers  (Read 37954 times)

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: OS/2, Realtek and NIC drivers
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 05:33:27 am »
It has been a long time since I looked at this stuff. I have a lot more lines, in CONFIG.SYS, related to networking, but I don't think that is where the problem lies.

PROTOCOL.INI also looks okay, I think.

Without spending a lot of time looking, the only thing that jumps out at me, in IBMLAN.INI, is that you have:
wrkservices = MESSENGER
while I have:
wrkservices = MESSENGER, peer

I seem to recall, that "MESSENGER" is optional, but "peer" starts peer sharing, which seem to be what isn't working.

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 09:46:14 am »
Peer is only necessary if you want to serve out files & directories, not access them.

Of more concern is that there is no "Computername" or "Domain" specified in the [requester] section. I've never seen that before.

Ben

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013, 11:44:01 am »
I have no idea what "MESSENGER" is.

I cut the workstation and domain entries, (I meant to mention that), but they are there in the original.

Ben

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2013, 08:25:10 pm »
Lacking any immediate solution to this problem and being pressed for time, I had to try the only other solution... albeit, reluctantly.

There are only two choices for LAN Services under OS/2, NETBIOS, (well, Netbeui  via the same mechanism), and Samba.

Maybe I can find a work-around for the new/old problems that will bring with it.

A big thanks to all that offered help and suggestions; I do appreciate your efforts.

If any other related ideas, (or possible solutions), falls across your path, please do not hesitate to post them up here. If I cannot use them I'm sure someone else will.