Author Topic: ODIN Revisited  (Read 20201 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: ODIN Revisited
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2020, 04:04:25 pm »
Hi

Something got broken on the bridge that connects the main site (joomla) with the wiki (MediaWiki). I will need to make it manual for newer users.  It is hard to fix this since the JFusion script project were abandon and now the newer versions of SMFoum and MediaWiki broked.

John, I will write you to your registered email and set a password for the OS2world wiki.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Renee Senger

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2020, 07:00:23 pm »
Have people completely abandoned ODIN development or is there still someone maintaining the project? WINE has gone a long way as well as ReactOS during last years. I am wondering if it would be possible to make ODIN also more up to date with current software.

But the problem must usually be too few developers for OS/2 in general. For example, the only FileZilla built I was able to find is at alpha stage and very unusable. And the OS/2 version of Gimp is a very ancient version with very limited functionality.

I think WINE has not gone. At least CodeWeavers launched CrossOver v.19 this year https://www.codeweavers.com/about/support-wine

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2020, 07:27:35 pm »
Hi

Have people completely abandoned ODIN development or is there still someone maintaining the project? WINE has gone a long way as well as ReactOS during last years. I am wondering if it would be possible to make ODIN also more up to date with current software.

But the problem must usually be too few developers for OS/2 in general. For example, the only FileZilla built I was able to find is at alpha stage and very unusable. And the OS/2 version of Gimp is a very ancient version with very limited functionality.

I think WINE has not gone. At least CodeWeavers launched CrossOver v.19 this year https://www.codeweavers.com/about/support-wine

FYI: I update the news from time to time on Zophar's Domain (Emulation site) and Wine 5.16 (dev release) for Linux was released on August 28, 2020. So Wine is still getting updates.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.