Author Topic: ZOC startup error...  (Read 4003 times)

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
ZOC startup error...
« on: June 20, 2019, 03:47:14 am »
It's been a while since I actually had my ZOC 4.15 up and running...to be honest, probably some 4 yrs ago (or longer) when I replaced the battery in my APC UPS and needed to re-set the battery constant.

Well, as it happens here I am again...NEW UPS battery and my APC box is stuck thinking it's still got a bad battery. This is a known issue (SmartUPS 1500) and the fix is to connect through a terminal and issue some commands to re-set the internal UPS microprocessor to a default/NEW battery status.

The alternative is to drain the UPS by discharging with a series of 100W bulbs, which I'm not really crazy about.

OK, so back to ZOC...LOL, starting the darn thing up produces the following in my POPUPLOG.OS2:

Code: [Select]
06-19-2019  21:00:00  SYS2070  PID 0066  TID 0001  Slot 00af
G:\APPS\COMM\ZOC\ZOC.EXE
XFRCEPT->OSYSOS2.os_MuxSemMgr

Does anyone have any ideas what this is caused by?

Given how many changes have occured on my system over the years I have no idea what may be impacting ZOC today.

Thanks!

Andy Willis

• View Profile
Re: ZOC startup error...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 06:49:20 am »
You most likely have two XFRCEPT.dll files and the wrong one for ZOC is being used (may already be in use), though it is possible you have only one XFRCEPT.dll file but somehow it is the wrong one for ZOC.

Sean Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:05:07 am »
You most likely have two XFRCEPT.dll files and the wrong one for ZOC is being used (may already be in use), though it is possible you have only one XFRCEPT.dll file but somehow it is the wrong one for ZOC.

Help for the error describes the system not being able to load code called by the application, which aligns to your suggestion.  What's odd is I also use ZOC v.4.15 and this library is not installed on my system.  I can't find any information on this dll.

Dariusz, consider using the WhichDLL utility, available on Alex Taylor's site, to gather additional information.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:10:15 am by Sean Casey »

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 12:10:44 pm »
At first, I would reinstall ZOC (after zipping the old one). You can also try to reset zoc\options\standard.cfg only. Other config files are *.zoc, *.ini and maybe *.zky, *.zrx.

xynixme

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 12:16:07 pm »
Or, less likely check, a possible startup script (e.g. /RUN parameter) which could use such a DLL (or EXE, which calls this DLL).

Can the DLL be loaded, according to the PMDLL utility?

I've got 2 XFR*.DLL files in ZOC's 4.15 main directory, FWIW: xfrkerm.dll & xfrxyz.dll.