WebSite Information > Article Discussions

NY Subway switching to contactless

<< < (2/2)

warpsalad:

--- Quote from: Dennis Smith on June 28, 2019, 01:48:52 am ---I had an IBM PC Server 500 data server in use from 1995-2013.  It just kept on, keeping on.

--- End quote ---

Oh.... I'd sell a kidney for a PC Server 500 (or even 720).

Dennis Smith:

--- Quote from: Devon on December 19, 2019, 05:43:20 am ---Oh.... I'd sell a kidney for a PC Server 500 (or even 720).

--- End quote ---

I had two PC Server 500s and one PC Server 720.  They were way too bulky to keep around and are long gone.  I did keep two PS/2 Server 95As since they are about half the size.

warpsalad:

--- Quote from: Dennis Smith on December 19, 2019, 07:29:05 am ---I had two PC Server 500s and one PC Server 720.  They were way too bulky to keep around and are long gone.  I did keep two PS/2 Server 95As since they are about half the size.

--- End quote ---

I happen to own a model 95 (non-A), but it was much easier to obtain in contrast to the PC Servers :(
It was 'fun' manually building a new SCSI drop cable since the MCA corvette uses a mini centronics on the card-side, which of course is an IBM-exclusive thing and not standard on any SCSI drop cables.

And you actually had a PC Server 720??? Ah sheesh. I guess I was born in the wrong era; they are now inobtanium, couldn't find any even in 2013. It would be a dream running multiple Pentium 1s on the Corollary C-bus II. And some models also had the dual MCA/PCI bus slots.

I'll just go cry on my IntelliStation POWER 185 :p

Neil Waldhauer:
You should have been at Warpstock this year. We had 8 model 77 PS/2 absolutely loaded machines that you could have taken home. It was the biggest giveaway ever.

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: Neil Waldhauer on December 19, 2019, 04:20:04 pm ---You should have been at Warpstock this year. We had 8 model 77 PS/2 absolutely loaded machines that you could have taken home. It was the biggest giveaway ever.

--- End quote ---

Yep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version