Author Topic: Warpstock Europe 2020  (Read 9463 times)

guzzi

• View Profile
Warpstock Europe 2020
« on: July 11, 2019, 10:15:20 pm »
OS2Voice is asking for input for the location and date of Warpstock Europe 2020. We would prefer a location that is easy to reach by public transport. (air and train) We prefer a date somewhere around the last two weeks of May. There are some holidays in this period and e would like to know if we should plan in hose holidays or outside of them.Please make your suggestions before the end of July.

Bjorn.

Tuure Linden

• View Profile
Re: Warpstock Europe 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 01:26:27 pm »
Has there ever been Warpstock Europe in Zuerich Switzerland? I've visited there once about 9 years ago, the city has lots to see and many hotels. Some of them might provide a good location for the meeting. Prices in Switzerland are a bit high, though.

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 10:37:30 pm »
It was never organized in Switserland. We did have a Netlabs developer conference once  in Biel.
But yes what is the average hotel price in Zurich ? I have recently been on vacation in Switzerland and I know its not cheap. What would really be importanted for me to know if what conference facilities would cost in Zurich for 2 days.
Or at least an indication how much it would cost.

Roderick Klein
President OS/2 VOICE

xelfium

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 02:59:43 am »
Guys,

If you want to organise it in Switzerland and there would not be too many people (say, 20-30), I can potentially negotiate a room at  ISTP (https://istp.ethz.ch) for free of charge. It is basically in the very centre of Zurich, we have a projector and a nice lounge for coffee breaks and discussions. Probably the only thing you have to pay is a pack of coffee or an additional service for sandwiches/apero. If it makes sense for you - just let me know and I can send pictures of the room so you can decide if it is fine for you.

Best,
Aleksandr

guzzi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 10:16:48 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion Free sounds good)
That being said, for 2020 the location will likely be near Frankfurt. Someone is working on that now. Zuerich could be a fallback if Frankfurt would be too expensive, Bear in mind that we are not only looking for a location, but also someone who can do some local organizing, like arranging a discount on hotel rooms, finding out about public transport details to be published on the website and stuff like that.
And there is always 2021.....