OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

The newly designed twitter is not displayed in Firefox.

(1/3) > >>

nyao:
The newly designed twitter is not displayed in Firefox.
firefox45.9.0(japanese),ArcaOS5.0.3

ivan:
As a check, have you tried using a live Linux DVD with firefox from there (most Linux live DVDs are using firefox 60 or later).  This will check if the new twitter requires a firefox version later than the one we have.

Dennis Smith:
The new Twitter layout is atrocious.  Looks like it was designed by a 10 year old.  You may need to do it on a different OS with a more recent web browser but you can switch back to the old Twitter under settings.

Dave Yeo:
Here, with JavaScript blocked, it suggests using the legacy page, and then takes me to https://mobile.twitter.com/. With JavaScript enabled, it displays the login page and as I don't have or want an account, I gave up.
Wouldn't be surprised that it is broken but the mobile page referenced above may be a workaround.

nyao:
Thank you all.

--- Quote from: Dennis Smith on July 20, 2019, 09:31:27 pm ---The new Twitter layout is atrocious.  Looks like it was designed by a 10 year old.  You may need to do it on a different OS with a more recent web browser but you can switch back to the old Twitter under settings.

--- End quote ---
This method can not be used because there is no way to lock the configuration with the latest changes.

--- Quote from: ivan on July 20, 2019, 09:19:51 pm ---As a check, have you tried using a live Linux DVD with firefox from there (most Linux live DVDs are using firefox 60 or later).  This will check if the new twitter requires a firefox version later than the one we have.

--- End quote ---
The OS / 2 version is too old. When will the Qt browser be? (ArcaOS 5.04 will not even appear :'(.

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on July 20, 2019, 09:36:50 pm ---Here, with JavaScript blocked, it suggests using the legacy page, and then takes me to https://mobile.twitter.com/. With JavaScript enabled, it displays the login page and as I don't have or want an account, I gave up.
Wouldn't be surprised that it is broken but the mobile page referenced above may be a workaround.

--- End quote ---
It is impossible even if it connects from here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version