Public Discussions > General Discussion

The Mascot

<< < (2/13) > >>

BigGoofyGuy:
I remember a Captain Warp. I think there was a t-shirt where Captain Warp flew out of the Windows logo. I had one of the t-shirts (have to look for it now).

Perhaps a plush elephant with either OS/2 Warp or eComStation logo on it? :)

Perhaps the mascot should be a mouse since Serenity Systems is a small company? It worked for Disney.  ::)  Perhaps made by a company similar to this one? http://www.customplush.com/

Neil Waldhauer:
Another book available is "Who Says Elephants Can't Dance?" by Louis V. Gerstner, Jr., the chairman and CEO of IBM from April 1993 until March 2002. Gerstner claims that his greatest achievement at IBM was to kill OS/2.

Ben:

--- Quote from: Neil Waldhauer on October 15, 2013, 04:34:09 am ---Another book available is "Who Says Elephants Can't Dance?" by Louis V. Gerstner, Jr., the chairman and CEO of IBM from April 1993 until March 2002. Gerstner claims that his greatest achievement at IBM was to kill OS/2.
--- End quote ---

Heheh... I remember when that book came out and I can recall that claim going around the OS/2 community; it is as good a laugh now as it was then. 8)

To reiterate; to say, (20 yrs later with OS/2 still alive), that the claim was a bit premature is an understatement... though it is not, (unfortunately), without a certain measure of truth.

8|

OS/2 is without question, going through the agony of a "death of a thousand cuts"... which is a technique that the rich and powerful have used back through time immemorial to get rid of something that they do not want around anymore. *sighs* It is not really the getting rid of something though, rather, a withdrawal or, an allowing something to wither and die... along with all of the supporters. A slow starving out.

This way, there really isn't any real opposition anymore. It's like giving a baby a dumb-tit that was once connected to a milk-bottle. The baby crawls away with the booty and hides in some corner where it dies slowly of malnutrition and a controlled starvation... yet... it is still mentally and emotionally "pacified" and thus, neutralized.

The most recent and obvious one that we have all been living through, being the systematic dismantling of the Christian faith. (And you thought it was a natural occurrence.) I'm not saying that such a dismantling is a good or bad thing, just using it as a real-life example that we are all witnessing that utilizes the same technique... albeit on a much larger scale.

Once the powerful find a technique that works... I'll finish that in the words of Plato who said it around 2,250 years ago... and I will paraphrase; "once the powerful have discovered a technique that works, they never stop using it".

Thus, it is pretty easy to see one of their techniques being implemented throughout the society that you are living in... going on around you... and being used upon you... once you have become aware of how it works.

You can see something similar going on in the Middle East that was initiated with the 90s Gulf War of G. Bush Sr... and still going on today.

Same bread, different jam.

Anyway, I have digressed enough...

BigGoofyGuy:

The Mastedon Mascot.  ;D

Andy Willis:
An extinct elephant as the mascot might lead to comparisons to the OS with someone saying it was apropos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version