Author Topic: Warp Server - NOS Free  (Read 19137 times)

Sean Casey

• View Profile
Warp Server - NOS Free
« on: July 26, 2019, 06:25:45 pm »
I have several NOS boxes of Warp Server that have been donated from one of the once great OS/2 ISVs that are available to anyone who is willing to pay shipping from Southern California.  PM me if interested.

Update: There are also a couple NOS boxes of Warp client.  I haven't seen these, but I'm guessing they are the V3 client.

- Sean
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 06:37:43 pm by Sean Casey »

Mathias

• using ArcaOS
    • View Profile
    • IRC
Re: Warp Server - NOS Free
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 08:37:39 pm »
Language EN?
What is this NOS version? (Supposedly not to be built into the car to make it warp faster.. ; ) )
Can you estimate the shipping costs to DE?

Thank you in advance. : ))

Sean Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 09:21:25 pm »
They are all EN.  NOS was to mean "New Old Stock - shrink wrapped box pack" not Network Operating System :-)

It looks like shipping to Germany via postal service, no declared value, approx. 3.6 kg, would be about 114 DEM ($65 USD).  Your eBay might have better pricing? 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:23:55 pm by Sean Casey »

Mathias

• using ArcaOS
    • View Profile
    • IRC
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 10:53:25 pm »
Woah, who is still using DM? ; ) - Since the year 2002 DM is no longer, and has been replaced by the infamous EUR. :D
65$ --> 58,41 EUR

Well.. I have asked ebay.. and it only gave me Warp3 Connect. Even a sealed one from the US, which is 104 EUR plus 60 EUR for shipping. URX... :D

Naw, I think your package is still the better deal, and also Warp Server on top! : )
Which one is it btw? 4.5 or 4.52?
And which way to pay? Do you support Paypal? : ) - should be the easiest way.

Sean Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 12:44:40 am »
Paying in DEM would have been a great deal on shipping.  Euro it is :-).   I need to collect the boxes in the next week or two and I'll put one aside for you.   I'll contact you when I'm ready to ship.

I still have two other new Warp Server and two new Warp client boxes for anyone interested.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 04:24:35 pm »
Hi Sean

If it can be possible, when you collect the boxes let us know how many and which ones they are (Warp 4, 3, red/blue spine, connect, diskettes/cd, etc).

Call me crazy, but I'm also interested on pictures of the OS/2 boxes in higher resolution for the OS2World picture gallery.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Sean Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 05:11:12 pm »
Update:  All the Warp Server's have found new homes, but two V.3 Warp clients are still available.

Sean Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 09:14:26 pm »
I finally picked up the Warp software and will be contacting the individuals who have requested copies.  This software has been donated to the OS/2 Community by Carla Hanzlik, co-founder of Sundial Systems together with the late Dr. Randell S. Flint, and one of the founding members of the still active Southern California OS/2 User Group (SCOUG). 

Thank you Carla!

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 02:32:06 am »
Hi Sean.

Can you please post (or send to my email) pictures of the Warp Server 4 box?  I can not find a picture of the back side of the box.  I would also appreciate to have better pictures of the front, bottom, top side that the ones I have. I want to include those on the gallery.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Mathias

• using ArcaOS
    • View Profile
    • IRC
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 11:50:04 am »
Wonderful! - Imo nothing should be thrown away. Everything should be contributed, what's not needed anymore. - Books, software, packages, etc.

Big thanks!!

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 03:47:39 pm »
I trying to find a home for 1000 Kg OS/2 books and magazines. Do you want them? Enough to pay shipping? USA Media mail is fairly cheap inside the country.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 05:58:38 pm »
I trying to find a home for 1000 Kg OS/2 books and magazines. Do you want them? Enough to pay shipping? USA Media mail is fairly cheap inside the country.

Do you only want to get rid of that as one lot? Is there a list of what is available?

Mathias

• using ArcaOS
    • View Profile
    • IRC
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 06:19:56 pm »
; ) Neil, I'd love to say yes, but two things keep me from waving my arms shouting "HERE HERE" :>

First, shipping a ton of books from US to DE would be fairly expensive, I suppose.. hehe
And most importantly, second: I lack space to store them appropriately. Currently I already have trouble to somehow store my computer collection, hardware storage for spare parts and documentation for eight several machines (from small to large), and still live here. - I need more space for my hobbies.. ; ]

But how about Martin's collection? Maybe he's still short of some nice books out of your collection! (Yep, a list would be nice.. but who could possibly file such an ammount of books into a list.. :})

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2019, 12:56:17 am »

And maybe Roderick has use for (part of) that for the eBay auctions from os2voice?

xynixme

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2019, 01:12:03 pm »
Then there may be no need to ship items to Roderick (and perhaps back), if the items are sold conditionally.