OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - General > Events

ArcaOS 5.0.4 is out!

<< < (3/13) > >>

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: David Graser on July 28, 2019, 08:00:02 pm ---I was wondering if the lastest fixes to XWP made it into this release?

--- End quote ---
I don't know what you mean with 'latest fixes', but I guess that the last release version is integrated. BTW: Also NewView is up-to-date.

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: nyao on July 28, 2019, 06:22:41 pm ---I do not know how to change NLV.

--- End quote ---
You can't and probably never will. NLV versions of ArcaOS will be available as separate installations. That is planned for 5.1. (Sorry, I've just noticed that Doug has already written that.)

ivan:
Hi Doug,

I pulled up your 'fix' for libcx from an earlier thread and applied it via config.sys - now I have almost all of my programs working, one needs a little more work, it starts but then just closes.

Are there any more  'fixes' for the nixi DLLs I should know about?

The FTP problem is one that is very annoying - transferring data in bulk, several files selected for transfer, it just locks up hard, power off reset needed.

The other network problem with the NAS boxes is one that keeps on telling me that I don't have access for that network resource - no problems with networking before the update.

Doug Bissett:
David Graser:

--- Quote ---Some program references were gone as well
--- End quote ---

Which programs?

--- Quote ---An update from eCS2.1 was not offered from the installer.
--- End quote ---

No, only an earlier version of ArcaOS qualifies for an update.

--- Quote ---The one thing I noticed is that a lot of the dlls needed to run FF 45.9, Appache Open Office, and VBox were missing from the installation
--- End quote ---

Please report that. If the dlls were properly installed by ANPM  (RMP/YUM), they should have been updated, if required, during an update, and left there if they didn't need updates. If you tried to do it yourself, don't bother reporting the problem. You got it wrong.

FWIW, I did an update about 200 times, with no problems like that.

--- Quote ---I was wondering if the lastest fixes to XWP made it into this release?
--- End quote ---

The latest "official" changes are in it. A couple of others have been submitted to testing, and will probably be in the next release.

Ivan:

--- Quote ---I pulled up your 'fix' for libcx from an earlier thread and applied it via config.sys - now I have almost all of my programs working, one needs a little more work, it starts but then just closes.
--- End quote ---

Using that fix in CONFIG.SYS is probably not a good idea. It affects all of the programs that use LIBCX, and that can easily cause the system to run out of resources, and it apparently causes programs to use lower shared memory space, when they should use high shared memory space. If you absolutely need to use that, it is best to do it on a program basis, not for the whole system. Your program that "just closes" probably needs some other update. What happens if you try to start it from a command line?

--- Quote ---Are there any more  'fixes' for the nixi DLLs I should know about?
--- End quote ---

The "fix" is not really a "fix". It is a "work around" for programs that can't be updated to use the DLLs properly. If the program can be updated, it should be updated.

--- Quote ---The FTP problem is one that is very annoying - transferring data in bulk, several files selected for transfer, it just locks up hard, power off reset needed.
--- End quote ---

Which FTP program are you using? Are there any tracks (POPUPLOG.OS2, log files)?

--- Quote ---The other network problem with the NAS boxes is one that keeps on telling me that I don't have access for that network resource - no problems with networking before the update.
--- End quote ---

By "networking", I assume you mean SAMBA client. That has been updated to incorporate many security fixes, and you may need to change some settings in the server, or the client, so that they match. If you mean something else, please be specific.

David Graser:

--- Quote from: Doug Bissett on July 29, 2019, 04:47:09 am ---David Graser:

--- Quote ---The one thing I noticed is that a lot of the dlls needed to run FF 45.9, Appache Open Office, and VBox were missing from the installation
--- End quote ---

Please report that. If the dlls were properly installed by ANPM  (RMP/YUM), they should have been updated, if required, during an update, and left there if they didn't need updates. If you tried to do it yourself, don't bother reporting the problem. You got it wrong.

FWIW, I did an update about 200 times, with no problems like that.

--- Quote ---
Doug I did a fresh install to another partition that I had set up weeks earlier while waiting for this release.

Some of the particular components needed for these programs were not installed during installation.  As a result, the programs would not work. YUM did not list them as installed after I downloaded the scripts from eCSoft/2 and used the scripts to install.   Once the remaining components were installed by YUM, all three programs work as expected.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version