OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - General > Events

ArcaOS 5.0.4 is out!

<< < (4/13) > >>

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---Doug I did a fresh install to another partition that I had set up weeks earlier while waiting for this release.

Some of the particular components needed for these programs were not installed during installation.  As a result, the programs would not work. YUM did not list them as installed after I downloaded the scripts from eCSoft/2 and used the scripts to install.   Once the remaining components were installed by YUM, all three programs work as expected.
--- End quote ---

AH!, a FRESH install (sorry, I assumed an update).

Of course those components were not installed. They are not needed for ArcaOS to function. It is expected that you will install the requirements for additional programs, when you install the programs. None of the listed programs are a part of ArcaOS, so it would not make sense to install support packages for them. How could Arca Noae know that you are going to install those programs?

FWIW, ArcaOS could install every possible package, but that would probably turn into a real mess after a while (if not immediately). Best to install what you need to run a program that you are installing, when you install it.

ivan:
Hi Doug,

I'm using jFTP v5 and there is nothing in POPUPLOG.OS2 - it worked without problems before the update.  Since you mention security updates for Samba I assume they carry over to other network programs than can use them so I will start looking there. 

Is there a list of these security updates anywhere and what one has to do to reset them for SMB client?

nyao:

--- Quote ---NLV is not yet supported. Apparently that will come with version 5.1. I do know that a lot of the work has been done, but it is not, yet, ready.
--- End quote ---
Thank you Doug.
However, I wanted to use code page 932,850 and the Japanese keyboard layout.

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: nyao on July 29, 2019, 01:09:40 pm ---However, I wanted to use code page 932,850 and the Japanese keyboard layout.

--- End quote ---
I understand. For that, you need a DBCS system. For details, ask Alex Taylor or in the Bug Tracker. For changing an en to an jp system, you have to exchange many files. That was never supported by IBM, but if you figure out the differences, it should work.

Rich Walsh:

--- Quote from: David Graser on July 28, 2019, 08:00:02 pm ---I was wondering if the lastest fixes to XWP made it into this release?

--- End quote ---

The version in 5.0.4 is labelled v1.0.12+ and dates to April 6, 2019. It includes the fixes below. A beta of v1.0.13 will be out in a week or two containing these changes plus significant enhancements to XShutdown and the Pulse widget.

* Pulse widget: the graph is faster and the text no longer moves as the numbers change. When a core goes offline, it now displays a dash '-' rather than a number.
* CPU Temperature widget: this ACPI-based widget was provided by David Azarewicz.
* XCenter: The 'Create new widget' option can now be accessed from all XCenter menus. Also, a font-size error in 'Diskfree (condensed)' widget has been fixed.
* XView: Two fixes: Refresh/F5 failed to update Xview and all disks in any view; and, empty folders failed to display newly-added files.
* Help: Lite builds now omit most pages that refer to features not included in LIte.
* WPI: Changed default install directory to '$(WARPIN_DEFAULTTOOLSPATH)\xwps' from '$(WARPIN_DEFAULTTOOLSPATH)\WPS\XWorkplace'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version