Author Topic: Samba client error sys0050 The network request is not supported.  (Read 28067 times)

roberto

• View Profile
After a hardware problem, I buy a new computer, I restore the system. The first pc with intel E1000B the new pc with realtek 8111 ...
On the first boot I change with naps.exe the adapter all apparently fine.
I restore the net.acc
Ibm peer to peer is ok.
The tcp-ip is ok, it goes online ok.
The connection to NAS units with the browser is ok, both.
But the samba client gives me the error of the message title, and fails. Any suggestions?

Pete

• View Profile
Re: Samba client error sys0050 The network request is not supported.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 06:26:25 pm »
Hi roberto

Sorry, no answers only questions...

Which driver did you select for the 8111?

What are you trying to connect to using the samba client?

Could it be a samba configuration or authorization problem due to change of nic/driver?

Regards

Pete

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 07:53:16 pm »
Which driver did you select for the 8111?
Realtek 8139C+/8169.... On this equipment, install another maintenance unit, only with tcp, to restore the data. And the connection was with that driver, and using the samba client without problems.
What are you trying to connect to using the samba client?
2 NAS disks

Could it be a samba configuration or authorization problem due to change of nic/driver?
Autorization NO,
Configuration ???

Regards
PD
With this system we don't get bored, it's really entertaining.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 09:22:46 am »
Hi roberto,

Is this a new install using ArcaOS 5.0.4?  If it is you have hit the SMB update problem since most small NAS boxes are setup to use SMB v1and the AOS 5.0.4 is now set to use some other version the two won't communicate hence the error message.

There has to be a way of setting SMB back to using v1 but I haven't found it yet.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 10:04:13 am »
Hi All,

Is this a new install using ArcaOS 5.0.4?  If it is you have hit the SMB update problem since most small NAS boxes are setup to use SMB v1and the AOS 5.0.4 is now set to use some other version the two won't communicate hence the error message.

There has to be a way of setting SMB back to using v1 but I haven't found it yet.

I really doubt the Samba client has been set to use SMB2+ only in AOS 5.0.4. There's nothing in my code to do this. If they have done this, the only place it could be is in %ETC%\samba\smb.conf

Look for something like:
min protocol = SMB2

Cheers,

Paul

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 12:51:02 pm »
Hi Paul,

All I know is that I used the 'update' option of the ArcaOS 5.0.4 DVD on one of my test machines and now I can't connect to my NAS boxes from that machine (always get a SYS0050 error message).  I also know a number of friends also lost connection to their NAS boxes when MS updated win 10 to default to SMB v2 and the workround was to reset SMB back to v1.

I suppose I could copy over a working Samba from another of my computers but that doesn't solve the problem (all the other un-updated computers have no problem connecting to the NAS boxes).

Something has changed but the question is what!

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 01:19:43 pm »
Ivan:
For clarity, the new computer will restore it with a backup made with RAR.
The rarlog showed 4 files not copied from the \ lock \ folder.
In C: and D: restore the files from one of the NAS drives. On E: the arca504 is installed and works perfectly with the two NAS drives.
The problem is when starting C: after restore arca503.
Paul:
Modifying the smb.conf with your suggestion I see no difference.
I attach the error log, I have only modified the password
From what I can see the problem is not in the samba,
but in the change of the network driver, but this is only a guess.

Thanks all

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 01:37:53 pm »
Hi roberto

It may be worth trying the alternative 8111 driver, MMRE.OS2, to see if that makes a difference.

Regards

Pete

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 11:30:00 pm »
No difference, what works in one works with the other and what fails in one fault in another.
The pci104vk program shows me how RTL8136, attached the detail.

Gregg Young

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 02:21:59 am »
A couple of thing to check:

First what protocol are you using to run Peer. If it is Netbios over TCP/IP this will prevent Samba from working, Remove netbios over TCP/IP and replace with Netbios.

Next how is the NAS accessed by name or by IP address. If it is by name you need to add this to your hosts file
(NAS   192.168.0.2 to X:\MPTN\ETC\hosts). Obviously use the correct values here.

You need to reboot after either of these changes
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 02:35:18 am by Gregg Young »

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 05:16:05 am »
Hey Ivan,

All I know is that I used the 'update' option of the ArcaOS 5.0.4 DVD on one of my test machines and now I can't connect to my NAS boxes from that machine (always get a SYS0050 error message).  I also know a number of friends also lost connection to their NAS boxes when MS updated win 10 to default to SMB v2 and the workround was to reset SMB back to v1.

I suppose I could copy over a working Samba from another of my computers but that doesn't solve the problem (all the other un-updated computers have no problem connecting to the NAS boxes).

There was a change to authentication around Samba 4.7 or 4.8 timeframe if I recall correctly (I'll try remember what it was).

IIRC the version of the Samba client in used changed from v4.4.x to v4.9.x in 5.0.4....

Meanwhile, logs would be useful....

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2019, 04:59:43 am »
Hey Ivan,

There was a change to authentication around Samba 4.7 or 4.8 timeframe if I recall correctly (I'll try remember what it was).

IIRC the version of the Samba client in used changed from v4.4.x to v4.9.x in 5.0.4....

Meanwhile, logs would be useful....

I suspect this change could be the reason for Ivan's issue (from Samba 4.7 changelog)

Code: [Select]
The 'ntlm auth' option default is renamed to 'ntlmv2-only', reflecting
the previous behaviour.  Two new values have been provided,
'mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only' (allowing MSCHAPv2 while denying NTLMv1)
and 'disabled', totally disabling NTLM authentication and password
changes.

@Ivan do you know what Samba version your NAS is running? Connecting to it with smbclient should show it.

Cheers,

Paul

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2019, 09:05:53 am »
Hi Paul,

All the small D-Link NAS boxes are using SMB v1 with no possibility of wver changing that to anything higher.  There were a lot of problems on the the various NAS forums when MS  changed the default to SMB v2  in win 10 hence my asking how to do that in ArcaOS v5.0.4

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 11:30:59 am »
Hi Ivan,

All the small D-Link NAS boxes are using SMB v1 with no possibility of wver changing that to anything higher.  There were a lot of problems on the the various NAS forums when MS  changed the default to SMB v2  in win 10 hence my asking how to do that in ArcaOS v5.0.4

Samba still defaults to allowing SMB1. Can you enable debug logging for the Netdrive plugin (create a file NDPSMB.DBG in the root directory of your boot drive), restart ndctl using Arcamapper, try to connect to the D-Link NAS then send me the resulting ndpsmb.log ?

Cheers,

Paul

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2019, 12:08:34 pm »
Hi Paul,

I did as you asked and all I get is an empty file even after rebooting the computer.