Author Topic: XWP v1.0.13 Beta 1  (Read 22376 times)

OS4User

• View Profile
Re: XWP v1.0.13 Beta 1
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 08:54:20 pm »
So far it works ok, but graph in CPU pulse a little bit out of screen.
More than a little bit, over 50% pulse graph does'nt show at all.

The widget relies on XCenter to give it the dimensions of its window - and sometimes XCenter gets it wrong. If that's the case here, then you can easily fix this.

First, expand the width of the widget; the graph will redraw itself. Wait a moment, then restore it to your desired size; again, the graph will be redrawn. Does this fix the problem? If not, try increasing the height of XCenter. Let it reformat itself, then restore the original height.

One or the other of these resizing actions should cause the graph to be drawn correctly. If not, please let me know.

Expanding the width and height do not help.

Is there any possibility to read Virtual Address Limit from DosQuerySysInfo but not from config.sys ?

« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 05:11:22 pm by OS4User »

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 04:41:12 pm »
Expanding the width does not help. Pls suggest how to increase the height ?
With the mouse pointer like any other window you want to resize.

OS4User

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 05:10:06 pm »
Expanding the width does not help. Pls suggest how to increase the height ?
With the mouse pointer like any other window you want to resize.

Tnx. I had "3D border width" set to 0. That is why  my X-Centre was not height re-sizeable.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2019, 05:35:00 pm »
I have a strange problem. 

Since it is impossible to install ArcaOS on a Ryzen based motherboard unless you clone the drive I setup an ASUS board with an AMD A-SERIES A8-9600 processor that does allow the install from Aos 5.0.4.  Now thinking I would update the clone image I updated XWP v1.0.12 to this beta wondering if the 'no switch off' problem had been fixed, unfortunately it has not and this is the problem since all the Ryzen 3 2200G based units with the same motherboard do switch off without problems.

From what I can see there shouldn't be that much difference between the A8-9600 and the Ryzen 3 2200G that would cause the problem.

Any ideas or observations will be appreciated.

BTW everything with this XWP beta works except as above.

Heikki Kekki

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2019, 07:04:11 pm »
More than a little bit, over 50% pulse graph does'nt show at all.

The widget relies on XCenter to give it the dimensions of its window - and sometimes XCenter gets it wrong. If that's the case here, then you can easily fix this.

First, expand the width of the widget; the graph will redraw itself. Wait a moment, then restore it to your desired size; again, the graph will be redrawn. Does this fix the problem? If not, try increasing the height of XCenter. Let it reformat itself, then restore the original height.

One or the other of these resizing actions should cause the graph to be drawn correctly. If not, please let me know.
Resizing made no change.

Ian Manners

• Global Moderator
  • I am the computer, it is me.
    • View Profile
    • ComKal Networks Australia
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2019, 07:46:24 pm »
resizing vertical or horizontal did not help here either :(
Cheers
Ian B Manners

Rich Walsh

• ONU! (OS/2 is NOT Unix!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 08:06:53 pm »

I found the problem and fixed it. Oddly, it only affected systems with 1 or 2 cores. On my quad-core, it worked OK. I had to set /MAXCPU to 1 or 2 to see it.

Is there any possibility to read Virtual Address Limit from DosQuerySysInfo but not from config.sys?

Are you referring to the V.A.L setting on the Memory page of the "Kernel" object? The slider there changes the setting in config.sys, so I'm not sure it is a good idea to read the value from somewhere else. Why do you need this change?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2019, 08:21:49 pm »
OS/4 kernel sets V.A.L. in os2ldr.ini here when testing. From their os2ldr.ini (changed by me),
Code: [Select]
; Set VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT for OS/4 kernel
;VALIMIT = 3072
VALIMIT = 2048

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2019, 09:46:34 pm »
What dll pertains to the AN Removable media monitor?  Mine has disapeared from my XCenter bar and is no longer listed as a widget to install. Fortunately FM/2 has a rescan.  Once I hit RESCAN, it appears in the FM/2 drives tree.  However, the USB drives appears in no program drive listing using Save As (example: using PMView) until I use FM/2 RESCAN.  I miss the AN Removable media monitor on the XCenter.  Hopefully it can be recovered.

Tried reinstalling and still no Removable media monitor.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 02:50:09 am by David Graser »

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 05:17:06 am »
What dll pertains to the AN Removable media monitor?  Mine has disapeared from my XCenter bar and is no longer listed as a widget to install. Fortunately FM/2 has a rescan.  Once I hit RESCAN, it appears in the FM/2 drives tree.  However, the USB drives appears in no program drive listing using Save As (example: using PMView) until I use FM/2 RESCAN.  I miss the AN Removable media monitor on the XCenter.  Hopefully it can be recovered.

The files involved are: RemMedia.dll, RemMedia.xqs, RemM_de.ms1, RemM_EN.msg, and RemM_es.ms1.

You must have the wrong installer. The generally available version does not have the Removable Media Monitor widget. You need the one from your Arca Noae subscription, or from the ArcaOS installer (or just restore those files from a backup).

You can mount USB drives, using the Refresh Removable Media program. Don't forget to eject them, before removing them.

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2019, 02:11:23 pm »
Good here so far, the only "nice to have" would be the ability to EDIT the object name (file, folder, etc.) while in the DETAILS and/or XVIEW view. And by edit I mean double-click on the object, just as one can do so while in the ICON or TREE view.

The workaround now is somewhat painful, you need to open up the object properties, go to the ICON tab and change the Title in there.

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2019, 04:33:45 pm »
the only "nice to have" would be the ability to EDIT the object name (file, folder, etc.) while in the DETAILS and/or XVIEW view. And by edit I mean double-click on the object, just as one can do so while in the ICON or TREE view.
I don't understand that. Object titles are changable in any folder view and at any place. Object titles in folders are editable by Alt+MB1click, not by MB1doubleclick.

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2019, 05:32:50 pm »
Hi Andreas!

the only "nice to have" would be the ability to EDIT the object name (file, folder, etc.) while in the DETAILS and/or XVIEW view. And by edit I mean double-click on the object, just as one can do so while in the ICON or TREE view.
I don't understand that. Object titles are changable in any folder view and at any place. Object titles in folders are editable by Alt+MB1click, not by MB1doubleclick.

Take a look at 'Mouse => Mappings tab => Editing title text' settings. Here I have 'Button2 and Double-click' selected, which means that anytime I double click my mouse button 2 on any object it allows me to change it's name/title.

Heck, I would love to be able to map a MB3 click to a double-click of either MB1 or MB2 (that's the Page2 of the Mappings tab, but for now that only allows the MB3 to double-click of MB1.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2019, 09:02:27 pm »

The files involved are: RemMedia.dll, RemMedia.xqs, RemM_de.ms1, RemM_EN.msg, and RemM_es.ms1.

You must have the wrong installer. The generally available version does not have the Removable Media Monitor widget. You need the one from your Arca Noae subscription, or from the ArcaOS installer (or just restore those files from a backup).

You can mount USB drives, using the Refresh Removable Media program. Don't forget to eject them, before removing them.
All the files are there.  However, the AN removable object fails to appear as an option in the widgets select.  What is different about this widget that would cause it to fail to be recognized?  None of the other widgets do this.  This is not the first time the AN removable media widget has disappeared from my xcenter.

Note:  Checking my other partition, in the
XCenter>Properties>Widgets

The an Removable media is listed with the option of rebuilding object when right mouse button selected.

My problem partition does not list it in the Widgets page and as a result cannot be rebuilt, although all required files are where they should be.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:46:59 pm by David Graser »

Rich Walsh

• ONU! (OS/2 is NOT Unix!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2019, 05:59:51 am »
All the files are there.  However, the AN removable object fails to appear as an option in the widgets select.

I'm confused by some of the non-standard terminology you're using. Please do this:

Right-click anywhere on XCenter to bring up its menu, then click on the "Create new widget" item. At the top of the submenu that appears, you should see "AN Removable Media Monitor".
* if the item is enabled, click on it to add it to XCenter
* if it's disabled, then the widget has already been added - either to this XCenter or another one. Are you _sure_ you don't have two XCenters open (one on top of the other, perhaps?).
* if it isn't present, then are you certain that you have 'RemMedia.dll' and 'RemM_EN.msg' in 'x:\sys\apps\xwps\plugins\xcenter'? (The other files don't matter.)

Note:  Checking my other partition, in the XCenter>Properties>Widgets
The an Removable media is listed with the option of rebuilding object when right mouse button selected. My problem partition does not list it in the Widgets page and as a result cannot be rebuilt, although all required files are where they should be.

A widget only appears on the Widgets page if it has already been added to XCenter. If it isn't listed, you have yet to add that widget. Use the context menu for any existing entry as another way to access the "Create new widget" submenu. Assuming RemMedia appears on the submenu, select it to add it to XCenter.

Note: the "Classes" page of the XCenter properties lists all the DLLs XCenter knows about. Is "remmedia.dll' listed? If not, the files probably aren't in the right place.