OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

The new browser / QT5

<< < (3/17) > >>

ivan:
They not only need a fast configurable ad blocker but a javascript blocker is a necessity considering the number of exploits that are delivered through javascript.  Without those two it is going to be almost useless (I would not let it near anything like internet banking and other sensitive sites).

Olafur Gunnlaugsson:

--- Quote from: ivan on August 09, 2019, 10:05:26 pm ---They not only need a fast configurable ad blocker but a javascript blocker is a necessity considering the number of exploits that are delivered through javascript.  Without those two it is going to be almost useless (I would not let it near anything like internet banking and other sensitive sites).

--- End quote ---

The entirely sandboxed Javascript environment is a viable exploit delivery mechanism how?

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Olafur Gunnlaugsson on August 10, 2019, 04:35:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: ivan on August 09, 2019, 10:05:26 pm ---They not only need a fast configurable ad blocker but a javascript blocker is a necessity considering the number of exploits that are delivered through javascript.  Without those two it is going to be almost useless (I would not let it near anything like internet banking and other sensitive sites).

--- End quote ---

The entirely sandboxed Javascript environment is a viable exploit delivery mechanism how?

--- End quote ---

Denial of service by overwhelming the CPU and/or memory. Just having to run an ad blocker will be hard on people with older systems.
Sandboxes have been known to leak as well.

David Graser:
Made some different Falcon icons.

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: David Graser on August 10, 2019, 09:33:31 pm ---Made some different Falcon icons.

--- End quote ---

Look good and similar to the Linux icon. One nit, it should be Falkon icons to differentiate from the unsupported falcon browser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version