OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

The new browser / QT5

<< < (15/17) > >>

ivan:
When this 'new' browser was first mentioned I installed it on my Linux Mint computer.  It was about a year old then and there has not been any updates for the last year, so what is the point of it? 

The interface on Mint is reasonable but there is no way to install something like NoScript nor any apparent way of changing most of the settings to make them useful.

As it stands, when our firefox browser becomes useless I will just nount another monitor and run firefox esr from my Linux box.  Any browser that will nor run something like NoScript, or its equivalent is useless as far as I am concerned.   

Roderick Klein:

--- Quote from: ivan on October 30, 2020, 06:04:53 pm ---When this 'new' browser was first mentioned I installed it on my Linux Mint computer.  It was about a year old then and there has not been any updates for the last year, so what is the point of it? 

The interface on Mint is reasonable but there is no way to install something like NoScript nor any apparent way of changing most of the settings to make them useful.

As it stands, when our firefox browser becomes useless I will just nount another monitor and run firefox esr from my Linux box.  Any browser that will nor run something like NoScript, or its equivalent is useless as far as I am concerned.

--- End quote ---

Fair point... But keep one thing in mind with the new browser. Let go of the "concept" of a browser. As time goes by we can port other QT front ends for QT webkit rendering engine.

I can understand why people want to have certain add ons in a browser. But for me personally Firefox 45, with each day passing is becoming more and more useless. Webpages not loading, entry forms not working. And its only going to go downhill further from here... I wish it was different....

Anyway if people wamt to port another QT front end for the webkit engine, then see if you can find such a browser and suggest it.

The first key thing is it to make people at least be able to use a browser to access pages again that no longer work.
I am running an internal test version of the browser on my lapop and websites such as GIT, Patreon, Linkedin are working again.
I was not able to login to Linkedin for close to 1 year on ArcaOS.

Roderick

Roderick

Remy:
What about: https://otter-browser.org/

Dave Yeo:
Looks promising. Hopefully the developer keeps at it.

Eugene Tucker:
When they first mentioned the new browser I suggested they look at Otter as it is going to have a 32bit version. And as you say it looks promising.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version