Author Topic: RexxLA The Rexx Language Association  (Read 4417 times)

guzzi

• View Profile
RexxLA The Rexx Language Association
« on: September 18, 2019, 12:53:14 am »
Announcement:

Voice president Roderick Klein will be attending and doing a presentation at the rexx conference held at the famous Hursley IBM lab.
His presentation will be on the 23rd of September. http://www.rexxla.org/events/2019/schedule.html
There will also be presentations by René Jansen, who has presented at Warpstock Europe last year.
Rexx, altohugh cross platform, is still mainly executed on the OS/2 platform and many of the conference participants use OS/2. eCS or ArcaOS.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: RexxLA The Rexx Language Association
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 02:03:28 pm »
Great News !!!

It is always good to make friends with other communities, and Rexx is a natural friend of us  ;D
Some names like Mark Hessling and  Rony G. Flatscher sounds familiar.... and of course Mike Cowlishaw.

I would be great if the event can be recorded for future references and to preserve the knowledge. Cheers to the Rexx guys !!!!

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 05:15:49 pm »
Hi

I know this may be "crazy talk" but it would also be great that eventually some developer of the OS/2 community would talk at the Qt World Summit, talking about Qt development on the OS/2 / ArcaOS platform. I'm not sure how open is this event about someone requesting to talk or making 25 minutes  "un-conferences".

This year seems to be on Berlin and Tokyo on november. https://www.qt.io/qtws19/home

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Jan-Erik Lärka

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 09:13:08 pm »
I would appreciate if we could get the OS/2 WPS code (wprexx.imp, wpsinit.wps and wpinst.cmd) from IBM and pair it with a new OS/2 built version of ooRexx by RexxLA. Those look somewhat separate from OS/2 Object Rexx, something like an add on with classes that should be possible to register with a proper ooRexx replacement?!
Is there something more needed than those to create a Object Rexx replacement?
Perhaps wishful thinking on my part, but surely something I would look forward to.
//Jan-Erik

xynixme

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 03:04:47 am »
Rexx, altohugh cross platform, is still mainly executed on the OS/2 platform and many of the conference participants use OS/2. eCS or ArcaOS.

Them understand that, beyond nice words and shared memories, will be a first step. In a way it's like moving on with eCS or ArcaOS, while forgetting about the rest of the small community. It was good to see that NetRexx 3.0.8 kept OS/2 in mind.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 03:07:17 am by André Heldoorn »