Author Topic: Firefox 45.9.0 can no longer play Youtube movies ?  (Read 26774 times)

xynixme

Re: Firefox 45.9.0 can no longer play Youtube movies ?
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2019, 08:03:59 am »
The same is here. I always mark  data and code of FF to be loaded into HiMem  - so far it works ok.

Dave, do you want some DLLs with both being set, if you'd rate it as safe? It shouldn't be that hard to include (all) DLLs found in the FF/SM/TB directory tree, if that excludes generic DLLs (like e.g. HUNSPEL0.DLL) which could be used by 16-bit code in the future. It may be relatively small, but it may be worth implementing too.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2019, 08:28:46 am »
The same is here. I always mark  data and code of FF to be loaded into HiMem  - so far it works ok.

Dave, do you want some DLLs with both being set, if you'd rate it as safe? It shouldn't be that hard to include (all) DLLs found in the FF/SM/TB directory tree, if that excludes generic DLLs (like e.g. HUNSPEL0.DLL) which could be used by 16-bit code in the future. It may be relatively small, but it may be worth implementing too.

I should retest. When I first built 45, it seemed unstable with both set but that might have been for other reasons.

xynixme

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2019, 02:38:01 pm »
Thanks; better safe than sorry, if it's worth a retest. I guess it may be. I haven't experimented myself, and followed the recommendations. Supporting both, for a selection of DLLs (e.g. XUL.DLL yes, HUNPEL0.DLL no), with InsTurbo should be almost trivial.