Author Topic: old eCS CDs  (Read 4701 times)

Glenn

• View Profile
old eCS CDs
« on: October 25, 2019, 10:10:17 pm »
Hi,

I was looking for the last SmartSuite updates, which were on some eCS CD (links on ecomstation.com have been removed), and I realized that I had not made an ISO backup of the old eCS CDs (only of the serial numbers): 1.0GA, 1.1, 2.0GA (mainly the releases that came by post on CDs, that I subsequently lost in a flood). I did backup 1.2MR, 2.1, CD1s of 2.0 RC4/RC5/RC6a.

The ecomstation.com website has a link for 2.0GA but that ftp is empty. The links for 1.0 (and its precious CD3) and 1.1 have been completely removed, and the Mensys website also removed the links to what was hosted on their website, so I cannot re-download any of the missing ISO files. I had sent an email to the eCS support a long while ago and Joachim Benjamins answered me "Unfortunately, we do not have the older eCS versions available for download anymore. All we have presently available is version 1.2 and 2.0/2.1. If you insist I may be able to retrieve the old ISO files and publish them for you somehow, but this would take considerable effort." I did not insist, maybe I should have...

Would someone be able to share these ISOs somehow (all CDs for 1.0, 1.1, 2.0)?

Bonus question: Does anyone remember where the SmartSuite updates (to 1.7.2 and 1.7.3) are located?

Thanks!

Rene Hvidsoe

• View Profile
Re: old eCS CDs
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 12:34:34 pm »
Hi Glen,

I can make zipped cd for for Ecom 1.0 and Ecom 1.1 + Ecom 2.0.

I believe I have some of the smartsuite patches. I zip what I have.

Rene

Olafur Gunnlaugsson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 01:54:08 pm »
Bonus question: Does anyone remember where the SmartSuite updates (to 1.7.2 and 1.7.3) are located?

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/lotus/fixes/SmartSuite/

The Lotus FTP site is also still there if you access it via FTP, the HTML front end has been removed however and points to an IBM APAR database

ftp://ftp.lotus.com/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 02:14:25 pm by Olafur Gunnlaugsson »

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 05:17:41 pm »
Suntan Special provides a superior method of installing SmartSuite and all its fixes.

http://www.blondeguy.com/suntan6.html

First, it enables all options on the installer, Second, it fixes many config.sys items that aren't quite right on eComStation or ArcaOS of even MCP. You still need your own copy of Lotus SmartSuite v1.7.

Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com