Author Topic: [FUTURE] Device Manager  (Read 2879 times)

Eugene Gorbunoff

• View Profile
[FUTURE] Device Manager
« on: January 26, 2020, 02:20:48 pm »
Future versions of DevMan will show,  did you installed proper drivers for every device or not. (in other words, is it possible accelerate work of video or it works at maximal speed = is it necessary replace universal device driver to accelerated or not)

Our experience with service of Windows users shows that  huge amount of Windows computers are configured not properly:  main drivers are not installed so computers work not properly.  Of course, Windows has all means to fix this problems. OS/2 will get the assistant in 2020 only.

DevMan Homepage: http://os2.guru/devman

screenshot example:
* red vertical stripe -  the device doesn't have driver or wrong driver
* orange indicator - a driver is installed but it should be  replaced to accelerated one,
* green stripe - optimal driver is installed
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:03:07 pm by Eugene Gorbunoff »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: [FUTURE] Device Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 02:30:26 pm »
Hi Eugene.

I'm sorry but I don't understand exactly what do you mean on the this post.

My understanding is that you are promoting a future release of DevMan (Device Manager for OS/2) that is going to be released eventually on 2020. This release is going to have the color indicator to help the user know if he had a driver installed for that device, or if the device driver used for that device is not the optimal one.  Correct me if I understood it wrong.

Please let me know once the software is available to the public to post it as a news at OS2World.

Regards
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 06:07:27 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.