Author Topic: XWP v1.0.13 GA  (Read 7431 times)

Rich Walsh

• ONU! (OS/2 is NOT Unix!)
    • View Profile
XWP v1.0.13 GA
« on: January 15, 2020, 02:29:40 am »
XWorkplace v1.0.13 GA is now available.

New Features
  • XShutdown now provides a live Reboot List taken from your AirBoot/BootManager's menu. It is always up to date and requires no configuration (IBM BM support requires LVM). XShutdown's page in the Desktop's notebook has also been updated.
  • The Pulse widget now offers two types of graph: the standard line graph, and a new color-coded moving bar graph that shows average load across all cores. Other improvements include a faster line graph and fixed-position display text that shows when a core is offline.
  • An ACPI-based CPU Temperature widget has been added to XCenter, courtesy of David Azarewicz.
  • Initial Spanish language support has been provided by Alfredo Fernández Díaz.
Updates and Bugfixes
  • NLS - Lite versions will use the "LANG" environment variable to determine which NLS version to load; the behavior of XWP-Full is unchanged. Language settings for all versions can be overridden by putting this in config.sys: "SET XWP_LANG=xxx" - where xxx is a 3-digit country code that XWP supports (e.g. 039)
  • XCenter - 'Create new widget' has been added to all XCenter menus
  • Install/Remove - after uninstalling XWP, the "System" object will be recreated in System Setup the next time the Desktop restarts
  • See XWP Help's "Version history" topic for additional update details.
Downloads
This version is available in both Full and Lite versions for German, English, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and Dutch.
XWP-FullXWP-Lite
German:fulllite
English:fulllite
Spanish:fulllite
Italian:fulllite
Japanese:fulllite
Dutch:fulllite

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: XWP v1.0.13 GA
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 06:21:50 pm »
Hi Rich

Thanks for your support on this software. I had installed it and for what I can tried it is working fine at the moment.

I also saw that you updated the source code on the Netlabs SVN. I was wondering if it was possible since it seems that many users (also me) have problems login to netlabs trac, but now I get it that it seems to be a different access for the SVN.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 07:04:43 pm »
svn and webdav work. For trac, viewing works, but trac login isn't possible. The netlabs.org newsgroups on news.gmane.org can't display a posting.

I remember that Adrian wrote that the blog and the old netlabs.org web pages still don't work. They work now.

Apparently the trac login problem wasn't expected, but ldap login generally works.

That means that it's possible to check changes in via svn and to upload files via webdav.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 08:59:57 pm »
Rich
 Since this version came out I liked it very, very robust. Thank you.
I have a question, Alfredo Fernández is not one of those who confuse with a translation.
I send you a picture.
What is number 38 and 267
And I understand that 780 is maximum of processes at a certain moment. It is right?

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 10:37:24 pm »
Hi Roberto.

I think it is textual translation. For me it is not even clear in English.

I think that:
- (38) Current Process count:  Are the number of process currently running on the machine.
- (780)Maximun process count: Are the top number of process that are allowed to run.
- (267) Current thread count: Oh, there is a translation mistake here. It should be "Cuenta actual de hilos".

Please correct me If I'm wrong.

Regards
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:43:38 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 01:56:04 pm »
svn and webdav work. For trac, viewing works, but trac login isn't possible. The netlabs.org newsgroups on news.gmane.org can't display a posting.

I remember that Adrian wrote that the blog and the old netlabs.org web pages still don't work. They work now.

Apparently the trac login problem wasn't expected, but ldap login generally works.

That means that it's possible to check changes in via svn and to upload files via webdav.
trac login works now.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 08:12:27 pm »
The AN removable media widget is more responsive (a lot faster).

I like the new pulse widget bar graph. 

I always install the full version.  I like all the options it gives me.

One thing I would like to see added is the "znote widget" to the program if that is possible.  That way one does not have to search for it.  A good widget for adding notes to the desktop.  I guess this may not be possible if the source code is unavailable.

Thanks Rich for improving and keeping this program alive!

There are three things I install right away when after doing a new install of ArcaOs.

1. FM2 file manager
2. XWorkplace full
3. 3D Launchpad
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:40:45 pm by David Graser »

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 05:23:27 am »
Hi All

When I position the mouse cursor over a Program Object and click once the
Folder Status Bar shows the filename (slightly) incorrectly by inserting a space
between the last character of the .exe extension and the surrounding quotes.

Using the Text Editor program object in Desktop -> Programs -> Utilities as
an example this has the Properties:-

File and path name: M:\OS2\E.EXE

When I click on the Text Editor program object the Status Bar shows this:-

"M:\OS2\E.EXE "

This is common to all Desktop program objects ie all ".exe" files but does not affect other Desktop objects  eg JPDFViewer, a java app, is displayed in the Folder Status Bar as:-

"J:\JAVA\OPENJDK\BIN\JAVAW.EXE  -jar J:\Java\jPDFviewer\JPDFViewer.jar "

Is this a known bug/design feature?

Regards

Pete

Rich Walsh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 10:17:04 am »
When I position the mouse cursor over a Program Object and click once the
Folder Status Bar shows the filename (slightly) incorrectly by inserting a space
between the last character of the .exe extension and the surrounding quotes.
[...]
Is this a known bug/design feature?

This is an artefact of the way XWP formats the string, replacing placeholder characters with actual data.

The formating string for program objects contains "$p $P" where $p is the exe name and $P are the parameters. Replacing $p, you get "program.exe $P". Replacing $P, you get _either_ "program.exe parameter" if there is a parameter _or_ "program.exe " if there isn't one.

IOW, that space you're seeing is simply the space between the $p and $P. I'll see if I can clean this up...

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 07:03:00 pm »
XWorkplace v1.0.13 GA is now available.

• Install/Remove - after uninstalling XWP, the "System" object will be recreated in System Setup the next time the Desktop restarts

Hi Rich, is it recommended unistalling the existing previous version before installing this last one?
Thank you

Rich Walsh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 07:52:08 pm »
is it recommended unistalling the existing previous version before installing this last one?

Install the new version on top of the existing one. There is no need to uninstall anything.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 02:34:02 pm »
is it recommended unistalling the existing previous version before installing this last one?

Install the new version on top of the existing one. There is no need to uninstall anything.

thank you