OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

Hardware Explorer

<< < (3/17) > >>

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi Digi,

Thanks, this is really nice. For one, my AMD Phenom II X6 is finally recgonized as one instead of seing a "Hallo" msg.

Oh, no issues found here, attached is the resmgr output.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Digi,

Found something that doesn't appear to be setup related.

Take a look at the attached captures please.

1) HW Manager
- when doing the menu drop-down from 'System Setup => Hardware Manager' the full listing is auto-populated

2) HW Explorer
- when executing the same navigation path as above nothins shows up, it is empty, however once I right-click and allow it to open up in it's separate window from that point onwards it's always pre-populated

My theory: somehow the default HW Manager knows to pre-populate the contents whereas HW Explorer does not. I think you should consider changing this since otherwise it's easy to erroneously conclude that HW Explorer is somehow 'not working'.

Dave Yeo:
I have the opposite results. The hardware manager stopped showing anything some time back (before hardware explorer) whereas the hardware explorer populates right away though opening it in tree view is more informative.
Only thing missing here is more video info beyond VGA.

David Graser:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on January 25, 2020, 06:14:22 pm ---I have the opposite results. The hardware manager stopped showing anything some time back (before hardware explorer) whereas the hardware explorer populates right away though opening it in tree view is more informative.
Only thing missing here is more video info beyond VGA.

--- End quote ---

Dave

I have seen this happen when I installed Lars version in ArcaOS.  Reading Lars info, his version is good for OS/2 and eCS, and not ArcaOS.  I don't think he has ArcaOS and as such has not tested it under ArcaOD.

Dave Yeo:
Yes, I did install Lars's version at one point. I guess I need to uninstall it and remember to read the docs better :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version