Author Topic: It would be great if we had some "sticky" pages in the forum topics  (Read 4517 times)

tthoms

I currently have a problem regarding my WINOS2 sessions reading "0 KBYTES" available.  I imagine this is do to my virtual disk being too large.  I'm sure that I'm not the only person who's had this problem, but I can't for the life of me find any posting of it on the forum.  My search terms, varying permutations of WINOS2 , Disk, too large, no disk space, didn't really turn up anything useful.

To my point:  It might be useful if we had some permanent pages on the top of the forum lists that answer frequently asked questions that pertain to the forum.  That way folks like me wouldn't have to keep asking the same asinine questions to the forum members.

P.S.  How do you fix the 0kbyte disk problem?

Thanks!

Dave Yeo

• View Profile

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
Re: It would be great if we had some "sticky" pages in the forum topics
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 03:56:25 pm »
...or we could just create a separate Wiki and link these kind of posts in there as part of:

1) Core OS/2 Setups
2) Win-OS/2 Setups
3) System Utilities
4) ...

???

Mathias

• using ArcaOS
    • View Profile
    • IRC
Re: It would be great if we had some "sticky" pages in the forum topics
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 08:40:01 am »
A Wiki with the "stuff to install" after operating system setup is propably a good idea, atleast for standard useful tools, like this 2gbfix.

Not sure which operating system Travis is using, but ArcaOS 5.03 and higher already has this 2gbfix included by default.

This wiki above should be operating system specific, since Warp 3 might not have things included, that are already default with EComStation or ArcaOS

if you have....
[ + ] OS/2 Warp 3
[ + ] OS/2 Warp 4
[ + ] EComStation
[ + ] ArcaOS 5.0.2
[ + ] ArcaOS 5.0.3 and higher

then click on + to see what others found useful as basic "need to have" stuff.