Author Topic: [SOLVED] pmmail 3.22 bug  (Read 7517 times)

Devid

• View Profile
[SOLVED] pmmail 3.22 bug
« on: February 10, 2020, 07:37:31 pm »
Hi.
I've just installed PMMail 3.22 and I discovered an annoying bug.
If I fetch an email with three dots ("...") in the subject the program crash.
I tried to open a report in Mantis, but I cannot subscribe.
When I connect from the URL in the reply mail from Voice there's an "APPLICATION ERROR #1901 - The confirmation URL is invalid or has already been used. Please signup again."
I have already informed Voice and I'm waiting for response.
Have any of you had the same problems?
I read in an old post (https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php/topic,2092.msg21891.html#msg21891) that Neil tried to compile PMMAil with GCC 4.9.2.
To Neil: have you some time to spend for reproduce the bug? ...maybe is possible to discover where is the problem with the source available?
Thank in advance.

Regards.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 10:30:35 pm by Devid »

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: pmmail 3.22 bug
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 02:56:06 am »
PMMail was impacted by the crash at Arca Noae. I will investigate the problems that you describe.. Meanwhile, there is a later version of PMMail at ftp://pmdevpub@ftp.os2voice.org/ (use your e-mail address as a password, if it asks). It is a test version, but it would be good to know if you still have the bug. The official release will be made when the arca Noae problems have been corrected.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 03:27:58 am »
I have notified the Mantis owner (Arca Noae) about the new account problem (it fails for me too). It should be fixed in the near future.

I tried sending, and receiving, messages with 3 dots, with no problem (I am using the version at  ftp://pmdevpub@ftp.os2voice.org/). I had no problem. There could be some other reason for a crash. If the test version doesn't fix your problem, please post a sample message (if possible), when the Mantis problem is fixed. Post here, in a couple of days, if that doesn't get fixed.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 03:29:44 am by Doug Bissett »

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 04:42:48 am »

I read in an old post (https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php/topic,2092.msg21891.html#msg21891) that Neil tried to compile PMMAil with GCC 4.9.2.
To Neil: have you some time to spend for reproduce the bug? ...maybe is possible to discover where is the problem with the source available?

It sounds like your bug is at least fixed in the next release. As has been pointed out, we were affected by the Arca Noae server crash, and we are awaiting their recovery. I cannot predict when we can release. At least I can build with GCC 4.9.2, but I anticipate upgrading to the new GCC release after our source code repository comes back on.

The next release should fix quite a few bugs, but may also cause some new ones. This is normal for software releases.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Devid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 10:30:04 pm »
Hi.
I downloaded the 3.24 version and now it works!
Thanks for everything.

Regards.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] pmmail 3.22 bug
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 12:30:11 am »
Hi.
I downloaded the 3.24 version and now it works!
Thanks for everything.

Regards.

Happy to hear that it works. Be sure to get, and install, the official release, when it is available. The version that you have, is time limited (about 120 days, so there should be no rush).

Enjoy.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 07:23:34 pm »

Have you tried again? It appears that you got subscribed okay, and should have got an e-mail to that effect.

Devid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 02:43:55 pm »

Have you tried again? It appears that you got subscribed okay, and should have got an e-mail to that effect.

Unfortunately it still doesn't work.
When I try to connect to the address shown in the email received when I signed up, I always receive the same response: "APPLICATION ERROR #1901 - The confirmation URL is invalid or has already been used. Please signup again."

Regards.

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 03:27:03 pm »
When I try to connect to the address shown in the email received when I signed up, I always receive the same response: "APPLICATION ERROR #1901 - The confirmation URL is invalid or has already been used. Please signup again."
I would try to login with the email address without the @-char and the server name after it as login name. That was the problem in many cases. If that still won't work, write an email to AN.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 06:38:54 pm »

I will rattle their cage again, but first do as suggested, and use just the name part of your e-mail address. If your e-mail address is "a.name@someplace.com", just use "a.name" (no quotes) as the user ID. Let us know if that helps.

If that still won't work, write an email to AN.

No. PMMail is not an Arca Noae project. It is a VOICE project, so write to VOICE (but it has already been addressed).

Just to clarify. Arca Noae hosts the VOICE web sites, but VOICE is not part of Arca Noae. PMMail is part of VOICE.

Devid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 10:13:20 pm »

I will rattle their cage again, but first do as suggested, and use just the name part of your e-mail address. If your e-mail address is "a.name@someplace.com", just use "a.name" (no quotes) as the user ID. Let us know if that helps.

If that still won't work, write an email to AN.

No. PMMail is not an Arca Noae project. It is a VOICE project, so write to VOICE (but it has already been addressed).

Just to clarify. Arca Noae hosts the VOICE web sites, but VOICE is not part of Arca Noae. PMMail is part of VOICE.

Maybe I didn't explain myself...
I connected to http://pmmail.os2voice.org/mantis/login_page.php.
Under the form there is a link: "[ Signup for a new account ]"
Clicking the link I filled out the form: username, email and the captcha. Clicked the "Signup" button,
I received an email with the following text:
Code: [Select]
In order
to complete your registration, visit the following URL (make sure it is entered
as the single line) and set your own access password:
followed by a link.
If I click this link, Firefox opens and connects to a page with the following text:
APPLICATION ERROR #1901

The confirmation URL is invalid or has already been used. Please signup again.

Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.
That's all (unfortunately  :-[ )

Regards

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 07:05:15 am »
That's all (unfortunately

Something is wrong. It is under investigation.   :-\