Author Topic: ISOFS 1.1.2  (Read 4807 times)

Pete

• View Profile
ISOFS 1.1.2
« on: March 06, 2020, 07:34:11 pm »
Hi all

Firstly: Thanks to Rich for this release.

Some problems I noticed with installing this package:-

1] For whatever reason my config.sys file was not updated when I uninstalled V 1.1.0, the existing ISOFS related lines were unchanged and a backup config.sys was not created.

2] The WPI installer script insists on installing  ISOFS to [boot drive]:\sys\bin and with no option to select an alternative location.

As my boot drive is small (2Gb) I do not install extra software to it - end of WPI install; time to use WPIView to extract the needed files to the location I want.

Regards

Pete

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: ISOFS 1.1.2
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 11:22:17 pm »
First, which version of OS/2 are you installing to?

1] For whatever reason my config.sys file was not updated when I uninstalled V 1.1.0, the existing ISOFS related lines were unchanged and a backup config.sys was not created.

Did you check the WarpIn log file, to see why? From what you say, you probably moved ISOFS after installing it, so the recorded location would be wrong.

2] The WPI installer script insists on installing  ISOFS to [boot drive]:\sys\bin and with no option to select an alternative location.

[boot drive]:\sys\bin is the correct location for ISOFS, on an ArcaOS system. Believe me, you don't want to change that. It will either make it impossible to do an UPDATE to ArcaOS, or the UPDATE will put ISOFS where it is supposed to be anyway.

As my boot drive is small (2Gb) I do not install extra software to it - end of WPI install; time to use WPIView to extract the needed files to the location I want.

Don't do it. First 2 GB should be plenty of space. Second ISOFS is not a large package, so it doesn't take up much room. ISOFS is an essential part of installing ArcaOS from a USB stick, or from a partition on the HDD. If it isn't where it is supposed to be, you could have problems later.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 04:59:48 am »
Hi Doug

Thanks for the explanation re: enforced location of isofs executables.

No, I will not be installing isofs to any boot drive - much prefer to share 1 installation across 3 possible boot options as it is far easier to keep track of updates.

Regards

Pete

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 07:44:45 am »
I cleaned up the isodrive icon that comes with the program.  I made the 32x32 and 40x40 icons larger and did away with the white edges around those two icons.  I also created a 20x20 and a 16x16 icon which was not includee in the isodrive icon.