OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Utilities

MeShell commandline frontend timetable

(1/19) > >>

Martin Vieregg:
The last 3 month, I have posted a lot of very OS/2 specific programming questions in the programmers section. Meanwhile, the project of a new OS/2 commandline frontend made a lot of progress. At the moment, I am fixing only minor bugs (false cursorposition in editor...) and the main job is done. A lot of things work better than I originally expected.

What is already done:
- Adaption of the ME editor for the new purpose
- Base cmd.exe functionality (especially cursor up/down command history)
- Base stdin/out functionality
- handling VIO input/output
- User settings notebook, load and save settings
- (soon) saving and restoring output

What I do not implement in the first version 0.5, but for the 1.0 version:
- Command completion with flyover dropdown field (as an user option)
- WPS integration (e.g. doubleclick to a filename from "dir" output opens the file via WPS default connection)
- navigation/history window with a tree, sorted by: Level 1 current directory, Level 2 entered command to jump back into the editor and to restore old commands

But this stuff is much more easier to implement than the stuff which is already done.

I need some help from you for specific jobs:
- I am not an english native speaker (I am german). I need a real native speaker which reads and corrects my english docu. The english docu draft for version 0.5 will be finished in perhaps 1 week and will be extended later.
- If the program should be localized besides english and german, I need help from native speakers. A few text parts (from the WDsibyl environment) are already in nederlands, italian and russian. But first, I have to divide all language specific data from the normal code. Localization makes only sense when the 1.0 version will be nearly finished (in perhaps 2-3 month).

After receiving the corrected english docu, I will publish the first version 0.5. I do not want to publish a version with bugs which are already known and at the moment, I myself find continously minor bugs in daily use and can fix them without problems.

ivan:
Hi Martin,

I should have asked this earlier if I had been thinking.  Have you had a look at  Jonathan de Boyne Pollard's command line utilities?  They might have given you some help.

If you need help editing the 'English' English version of your documents I can put on my editors hat and help.

David Graser:

--- Quote from: ivan on March 25, 2020, 04:34:20 pm ---Hi Martin,

I should have asked this earlier if I had been thinking.  Have you had a look at  Jonathan de Boyne Pollard's command line utilities?  They might have given you some help.

If you need help editing the 'English' English version of your documents I can put on my editors hat and help.

--- End quote ---

It is a shame that Jonathan would never release his source code.

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Martin

Thanks for keep coding for the OS/2 platform. I hope to see your MeShell tool in your website soon. Please let us know.
I also hope that some of your OS/2 software gets eventually open sourced, so the knowledge can be shared and preserved.

Regards

Martin Vieregg:
Ivan,
thank you for your kind offer can you send me an E-Mail directly? See www.hypermake.com thank you.

Martin,
yes, I plan to send the code to other persons as a backup if it has got a final state. At the moment, I do a lot of bugfixing and I am not satisfied with the state of my programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version