Author Topic: MeShell commandline frontend timetable  (Read 71837 times)

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
Re: MeShell commandline frontend timetable
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2020, 03:26:42 pm »
thank you for the description. A good idea. I have implemented it in the new version 0.53, a minor bugfix:

MeShell.zip (650 kB)

If you press SHIFT, Column block gets temporary activated, and when pressing CTRL while releasing the mouse button, the selected text gets copied to the clipboard and gets deselected. I will implment this feature on all my editors.

There are still casually bugs and crashes. If you find out how to reproduce such a bug, then send me a detailed step-by-step explanation. Thank you. A step-by-step description how to reproduce the bug is more useful than log files (-log parameter).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 05:16:10 pm by Martin Vieregg »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2020, 03:03:12 am »
Hi

It is looking very nice. I like it.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2020, 03:34:41 pm »
I have again updated to a new version MeShell 0.55
There is no functionaltiy added. A handful bugs (also crashes) are fixed. Some specific stuff has not been programmed yet, e.g. copying several commands from the clipboard into MeShell.

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2020, 09:30:52 am »
Pasting from clipboard fails in 0.55 if not a complete line with RETURN is copied. This is in 0.56 fixed: MeShell 0.56

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2020, 03:47:39 pm »
And again, a new version of MeShell:

MeShell 0.60

• WPS integration (see docu main chapter)
  • System Menu entries like in original command line window
  • When saving output and command history (Settings notebook, Page Save), the current directies are stored and restored when restarting MeShell.
  • Unix Output now shown correct.
  • Again bugfixes.

The new chapter about WPS integration is short:

In the Top Panel, you find a folder icon. Clicking or pressing F5 opens the WPS folder which is current in the current prompt.

Reverse, you can drop a folder icon into the MeShell editor. There are two different behaviours: Dropping into the read-only area (old output) generates a "cd Foldername" and the folder directory gets the current directory in the commandline interpreter. Dropping into the area where you type a new command copies the full folder name as text into the edit area.

Double clicking to a filename executes the WPS default association, e.g. clicking to a text file name opens the associated editor. MeShell completes a file name by adding the full directory name from the last prompt in the old ouput, if the filename contains no backslash characters. This works for example with a "dir" command.

The normal drag and drop functionality of the editor is supported, nevertheless. But it is restricted to the area where you can edit behind the current prompt. Default is copying file content, Ctrl copies the file name without directory name and Ctrl-Shift the full file name.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 05:15:14 pm »
Hi Martin

Just as a general suggestion, it would be good to have an alternative set of keys combinations to the Functions keys (F1, F2...etc) since it seem that the PC market is little by little discontinuing those keys from the keyboards. So, even if we like F keys it is also good to set some alternative shortcuts on the software.

Regards
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:36:38 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2020, 11:38:21 am »
I have uploaded a new version 0.61 of MeShell

• ANSI-ESC Colors partially rewritten
  • Changing the text and background color of stderr (also via popup menu right mouse button, options)
  • Pressing Ctrl when double clicking to file names copies the file name to the cursor position behind the prompt
  • minor bugfixes.

GCC users please run with -fdiagnostics-color=always and compare the color output with the original VIO window. Thank you.

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2020, 04:12:31 pm »
Again I have uploaded a new version 0.62 of MeShell

I could fix several bugs, all concerning colors and the order of stdout and stderr. If you use MeShell for colored compiler output and similar things, please update.

4os2 (meshell commandline parameter /4os2) shows colored prompts, but not colored output for e.g. "dir". I assume it is the same mechanism described here. In GCC, you have to enter a specific parameter to turn on colored redirected output. By default, redirected output is shown without colors. I hoped to find a setting for 4os2, but did not find it. Two questions:

1. Does anyone know how to turn on colored output in 4os2 when output is redirected?

2. If no, who is responsible for the 4os2 code ? Implementing such a setting would be quite easy, because only a feature has to be turned off.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2020, 04:25:51 pm »
4OS2 lives at http://trac.netlabs.org/4os2 where you can file an issue as well as download the source to find out how it does colours and maybe come up with a patch.
Edit, A perforce client should be on Hobbes, perhaps https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/dev/util/perforce20022.zip for source checkout.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 04:28:00 pm by Dave Yeo »

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2020, 05:49:38 pm »
Thank you Dave. But I have no idea how to register to send a ticket.

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2020, 05:59:45 pm »
Create a general netlabs.org account: http://www.netlabs.org/en/site/member/member.xml

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2020, 01:03:40 pm »
Again I have uploaded a new version 0.63: MeShell archive

0.63 is a only a bugfix, but an important one. When starting MeShell and when copying several command lines from the clipboard into the editor, MeShell could freeze. Other minor things are also fixed.

At the moment, it is not possible to register at netlabs, I contacted Adrian already. Can someone tell me a current developer of 4os2? Then I try to get contact with E-Mail. Or another person could send a ticket after I have sent him my informations.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:23:07 pm by Martin Vieregg »

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2020, 12:44:54 am »
Again I have uploaded a new version 0.63: MeShell archive

0.63 is a only a bugfix, but an important one. When starting MeShell and when copying several command lines from the clipboard into the editor, MeShell could freeze. Other minor things are also fixed.

At the moment, it is not possible to register at netlabs, I contacted Adrian already. Can someone tell me a current developer of 4os2? Then I try to get contact with E-Mail. Or another person could send a ticket after I have sent him my informations.

Steven Levine at one time was updating 4OS2 and his home page is here

http://www.warpcave.com/

His email is listed at the bottom left of the page.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2020, 01:22:08 pm »
.....At the moment, it is not possible to register at netlabs, I contacted Adrian already. Can someone tell me a current developer of 4os2? Then I try to get contact with E-Mail. Or another person could send a ticket after I have sent him my informations.
Adrian regularly reads the newsgroup - gmane.org.netlabs.community

I would say there is no current developer for 4os2. As you can see here - http://perforce.openwatcom.org:4000/@md=d&cd=//depot/public/4os2/&c=MoC@//depot/public/4os2/?ac=43&mx=50 - over the last years Steven fixed some tickets and packed the latest packages together. The last major improvements were made by me about 10 years ago. Including making the netlabs project pages and writing down all infos about here - http://4os2.netlabs.org/en/site/index.xml And no, sorry, there is no list of special 4os2 commands in the sources which would help you. At least I didn't find such when I looked at it a few days ago triggered by your discussions here and at os2.org.

If you found a bug in 4os2 and urgently want to create a ticket for it you can post it here. If it is that urgent that you can't wait on Adrians response for your own netlabs user data I can copy it over. But as said above, when you want to look at the sources you have to use p4 to check out from http://perforce.openwatcom.org:4000 or use the web interface there.

A few days ago I started again the discussion about transferring 4os2 sources to a more modern version control system and place it at f.i. bitbucket.org. Or at svn.netlabs.org. But given the (no) response it seems no one cares about. 

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 03:01:02 pm »
Hi Andi

Re: "Adrian regularly reads the newsgroup - gmane.org.netlabs.community "

Is there a special trick to reading this newsgroup?

I ask because news gmane has not been working for a long time and pointing a browser at http://gmane.org.netlabs.community/ results in a "address not found" error.

Regards

Pete