TeLLie:
Hi Martin,
Thankz for the update
When i use it on a clean install, and pushing on F5
I get a popup with a error:
 File not found "C"
It seems it does that only in the root of a drive

Martin Vieregg:
Yes, simply a backslash is missing. I could already fix it, it will be part of the next version.

Martin Vieregg:
When running YUM INSTALL in MeShell, the following query (Y/N), or in german (J/N) is not shown when running YUM in MeShell. I have already told that this is not a MeShell bug. A handful commandline tools have this bug. The solution is simple: It is ISO standard that before a query (a stdin input) the last stdout output has been flushed by using the C function "fflush (stdout)". This line of code is missing in YUM. In Info-Zip UNZIP queries are sent via STDERR - stderr is never buffered in any OS -, but the fflush solution is better.

Can anyone write a RPM ticket? Thank you.

Dave Yeo:
More likely it is a Python bug. Yum is a Python script and I remember all kinds of problems with early ports of Python trying to handle stdout, stdin and stderr.

Lars:

--- Quote from: Martin Vieregg on February 22, 2021, 03:11:11 pm ---When running YUM INSTALL in MeShell, the following query (Y/N), or in german (J/N) is not shown when running YUM in MeShell. I have already told that this is not a MeShell bug. A handful commandline tools have this bug. The solution is simple: It is ISO standard that before a query (a stdin input) the last stdout output has been flushed by using the C function "fflush (stdout)". This line of code is missing in YUM. In Info-Zip UNZIP queries are sent via STDERR - stderr is never buffered in any OS -, but the fflush solution is better.

Can anyone write a RPM ticket? Thank you.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, there is no standard that requires to do a flush after either a stdin or a stdout operation.
In fact, I have written a lot of applications and I have also seen a lot of applications by others that do not ever flush anything. It is not something you can rely on and you cannot expect every application out in the field to do it the way you envisage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version