Author Topic: MeShell commandline frontend timetable  (Read 72056 times)

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
Re: MeShell commandline frontend timetable
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2022, 03:07:23 pm »
Hi Martin,

The behaviour is how I expected. If you type "mode 60,25", then the VIO window gets bigger and you will get the behaviour you want...

Hmm, I am sorry but I have to disagree with you on that.

My expectation is that the commands I issue within MeShell apply to the user (front-facing) interface (MeShell). As such, given that this interface is the MeShell window, I am expecting that MeShell is creating a comparable VIO background processing window.

In other words: if my MeShell window is defined as 80x60, and I issue a "dir /p" command, your code should make sure that the background VIO window executes with the matching criteria. Therefore, perhaps an enhancement to create a VIO window that physically matches the definition of MeShell would suffice?

What I am literally suggesting is:

1) let the user define MeShell window
2) MeShell itself should understand that definition (sizing is really what we are talking about here)
3) MeShell should then create the background VIO window with the matching sizing (yup, could be as simple as issuing that MODE command)
- after all, the benefit of using MeShell should be that I am not required to perform additional adjustments to the background VIO windows, otherwise if I do, then why not use a regular VIO window instead?

Is it worth to compile the conflicts between MeShell and Xit?

What do you mean by that?

Are you interested in troubleshooting the conflict? I do not think there is much value in doing that...I was able to put MeShell on Xit's Exception List, and that fixed it.

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2022, 08:10:00 am »
Dariusz,

do you have realized that

DIR | MORE

works? MeShell interpretates the "| MORE" string by itself and simulates the MORE functionality.

Are there other commands like "DIR /P" where the MORE command is integrated as a parameter?

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2022, 09:59:26 am »
I have uploaded MeShell 0.90 to Hobbes and here:
http://www.hypermake.de/archive/meshell-os2.wpi

Development is finished now. I am still working on a Windows version. (I don't know when I will find the time to finish.)

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2022, 12:48:29 pm »
The file meshell-os2.txt has 0 bytes. The .wpi file is OK. See the files in incoming here.

Rename the .txt file to .txt.delete and upload it again with a suitable FTP client. See the Hobbes upload policy. Rename works only for a short time after the upload. Otherwise address Curtis.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 01:04:56 pm by Andreas Schnellbacher »