OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Multimedia

PC Speaker output to sound card?

<< < (6/6)

Lars:
Ok, I am now done. Find attached. I just updated your ZIP. Also uploaded to Hobbes.

Lars:
Oops, required a fix for the 16-bit version. Also uploaded to Hobbes.

tgenaux:
Lars, I work with Gregg and am trying to recompile the code you provided. We have VisualAge C++ Professional 4.0 installed. The make file you provided does not work with it. I evoked namake and it failed with, SYS1041: The name ilink.std is not recognized as an or external command, operable program or batch file.

I'm new to OS/2 and have never used VisualAge C++ before. What compiler did you use to compile newcalls.dll? Did you have any configuration default configuration files? Thanks in advance for your help.

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Theron, welcome to the forums.

I'm not a developer, I only have tried to consolidate the OS/2 development knowledge that I was able to find on the EDM/2 Wiki.

I have noticed that there are some opinions around that VAC++ 4.0 (VisualAge C++ Professional 4.0), like it is not stable or/and it had changed it so much from other versions, and some OS/2 developers had remained on VAC 3.x. The latest version that I have reference was "C and C++ Compilers for OS/2 Version 3.6.5" with Fixkpack #2 (English). I did some simple compile samples with that version.

You may get the issue that different developers have different opinions about the tools and the version that they use.

Regards

Lars:
VAC 3.x.
It came with a fixpak that contained multiple versions of the linker, that's why the linker exe has such a funny name.
You can modify makefiles to run ilink.exe.
Why don't you write your own makefiles/ configuration file?
That should not be too difficult. And since VAC4 works completely differently, you will need to create a build configuration anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version