OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Web applications

Google Photos - pics no longer showing?

<< < (2/2)

Remy:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on April 03, 2020, 02:58:47 pm ---Hi
I tried Google Photos with Firefox 45.9 and it working very bad.
I can access the site, see the square shapes, but pictures does not display right.  I see the album cover, but once I access it I don't see the pictures. If I access one picture of the album I see it shortly and after that it change to the loading icon.

We need a new browser, let's keep supporting Bitwise.

Regards

--- End quote ---

Hum !
"I see shortly and after that it change to the loading icon"
It looks more like a network slowdown.... 
Can you try to recycle your dhcp (if dynamic) and retry !   

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Remy and Martin,

--- Quote from: Remy on April 03, 2020, 05:58:41 pm ---
--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on April 03, 2020, 02:58:47 pm ---Hi
I tried Google Photos with Firefox 45.9 and it working very bad.
I can access the site, see the square shapes, but pictures does not display right.  I see the album cover, but once I access it I don't see the pictures. If I access one picture of the album I see it shortly and after that it change to the loading icon...
--- End quote ---

Hum !
"I see shortly and after that it change to the loading icon"
It looks more like a network slowdown.... 
Can you try to recycle your dhcp (if dynamic) and retry !

--- End quote ---

I am seeing the same here, however, when looking at the individual image it does show shortly thereafter even though the loading icon continues to display...from there on I can advance to the next full-size image, so at least that's still working.

For what it's worth, I did a little bit of research re: the WebP image format. Indeed, this ia a Google tech push, it does appear to lower the amount of bandwidth it consumes, so I get why they are doing it. The arguments they made for equal quality to JPEG or PNG have been questioned and debunked by several key players in this domain. Perhaps part of the reason why it's taken nearly 10 yrs to actually get it to this point?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version