OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Games

Java Games

<< < (3/3)

Joop:
Hmm, mixed files, thought that the download was from this site, but its from your's. There is source in the file, ie java files. Have to look into, because it is not that simple to rewrite it in a fast way.

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Joop.

Did you uploaded this on hobbes?
https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/.....breakout!-os2.zip

How does it works? There is one .exe there, but I don't understand how to make it work.

Regards

Joop:
No, by the author. The difference is that there is an exe file for OS/2 which start the program and redirect to the browser. So not good news, won't work in most cases.
Tried to compile, first did change the awt calls to swing calls, swing version +100 errors, hybrid version +40 errors. As far as I can see it and reading the errors from the swing error log file I need to rewrite the complete program. This is more difficult then writing a program from the bottom up. I don't have the time now to do just that, moreover, need to investigate in some calls how to proceed on, it ain't be easy, special when it comes to "canvas".

Joop:
You can remove Wyvern from the list, program does install with some difficulty but it won't run because there is no server anymore and it needs the server to do something. The link is for sale so to speak.

Martin Iturbide:
Ohh, too bad for Wyvern. I just removed it.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version