Author Topic: Combination of Usermeeting Cologne 2020 and Warpstock Europe 2020 in 12/2020?  (Read 7627 times)

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
Hi,

each year since 2013 Thomas Müller and me organize the anual OS/2 User Meeting in Cologne. This yeat it is scheduled for December, the 12th 2020.

Because of the Corona Virus the planned Warpstrock Europe 2020 in May in Frankfurt has been cancelled.

So Thomas Müller and me thougt we may combine thes two events this December in Cologne.

We are aware and it is completly clear to us that no one knows what will be the situation like then because of the Corona Virus in December.

But we asked at the Youth Hostel in Cologne and it would be possible to reserve the room for Friday, the 11th of December as well. We would organize the event as well, but it may be not that high quality as former Warpstock Europe.

What are your thoughts?

We are in a very early stage of this idea and want to collect opinions and pro and contras from YOU!

So what is your opinion, have your say, please. Thank you very much.

We would extend the meeting up to two days, so

instead of only 12th of Decmeber the event would take place on two days, 11th and 12th of December.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!!

We wish you, despite all problems, happy Easter!

Thomas and Sigurd

Pete

• View Profile
Hi Sigurd

I certainly hope that the corona virus problem has been resolved before December - hopefully long before.

The idea to combine Warpstock 2020 with your event sounds like a good idea to me but I think you probably need to contact Roderick at os2voice directly to discuss the possibility.

Regards

Pete

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
Hi Sigurd

I certainly hope that the corona virus problem has been resolved before December - hopefully long before.

The idea to combine Warpstock 2020 with your event sounds like a good idea to me but I think you probably need to contact Roderick at os2voice directly to discuss the possibility.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes, but I guess he will read here as well.

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
Hi Sigurd,

I like the idea. Some of the presentations planned for the virtual Warpstock Europe on 16 and 17th of May could be cancelled and moved.
Thanks for coming up with this idea!

Thomas suggested Warpstock Europe in 2021 would still happen at the Youth Hostel in Frankfurt. So we would have a  3 warpstocks in 13 months. But I do not think that is an issue at all!

Drop me an email.

Time for bed.

Roderick

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Hi Sigurd.

I think it is always a good idea to do an OS/2 meeting, even if you are not able to combine the two events.
Possible on December this pandemic issues will be over, we don't know if there is going to be like little outbreak of the virus depending on the location in the future. But it is more possible that everything will be fine on December.

Just let me know what I can do to help !!

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
Hi,

thanks for your replies and thoughts! After reading this and those from the os2.org forum, Thomas and me decided to keep the User meeting as it is, so it will be the same as the 7 times before, only on Saturday with German as language. Thanks again and all the best!!

Sigurd