Author Topic: OS2World on Wikipedia  (Read 11940 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
OS2World on Wikipedia
« on: November 20, 2013, 09:45:01 pm »
I noticed that some other websites has articles on the Wikipedia. So, I think about it, and a wrote a little article about this site:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS2World

It had been fun getting some information about the things that we done and trying to documented it there.

Sadly the article was mark for deletion saying "that does not credibly indicate the importance or significance of the subject", but you can help me to "contest it".

Let's see what happen, it will not kill me to have my article deleted but it will be nice to be on an encyclopedia.

...and of course your are free to change the Wikipedia article according to facts.

Regards
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:17:06 pm by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

guzzi

• View Profile
Re: OS2World on Wikipedia
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:46:25 pm »
It's already gone....

djcaetano

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:00:29 pm »
This kind of arbitrary decision just annoys me. This is why I´ve never been interested in contributing to Wikipedia.
Removing information because it is WRONG is one thing; removing it because some people think it is not relevant... is just obtuse, IMHO.

BigGoofyGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 03:56:55 pm »
Perhaps one could create it again with lots of information on how it is relevant to not only OS/2 Warp users but also eComStation users?  8)

I agree that it was wrong to mark for deletion just because they don't think "that does not credibly indicate the importance or significance of the subject".  >:(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:29:09 pm by Tom Lee Mullins »
BigGoofyGuy

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 04:31:48 pm »
Yes, this is why a lot of people don't like wikipedia, the moderators/Wikipedians(?) are very evil deleting articles.

There seems to be another way on Wikipedia, when you try to create a new article the page suggest you to first create the page under your user ... like (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Martiniturbide/OS2World). When the article is completed you need to talk to a Wikipedia Editor for they to move it as a full article.

I will try that, but little by little.

If anybody wants to write something about OS/2-eCS, I want to remind you that the OS2World.com/wiki is also here. You access to it with the same userid and password of this forum.

Regards.
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 06:57:07 pm »
What do you think it is notable about the OS2World site history?

Which things will be some remarks about this site that will be interested to include on a "History about OS2World.com article"?

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster