Author Topic: Use of webcam  (Read 1319 times)

Dave Yeo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 169
    • View Profile
Re: Use of webcam
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2020, 05:10:45 pm »
Hi Remy,
My understanding is that there was a "RFC" type document for USB at the beginning and IBM faithfully followed it. Unluckily Microsoft didn't, as well as all their vendors so we're left trying to implement the MS version of USB rather then the official implementation.
As for Arca Noae's more recent drivers, my guess is they're mostly focusing on getting USB3 working and once that's done, they'll fix USBCALLS and such. USB3 seems to have turned out much harder then they first thought it seems.

roberto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2020, 07:46:49 pm »
Your query of usb12.05 and the closing of Thunderbird 45.8.0 in standard memory and in highmem.
When I select forward a message, the thunderbird closes.

It is not a problem of the usb12.05
It seems that the error has been when updating the library  libstdc++-fwd
The anpm log shows an error, which did not appear on the screen after updating. And that seems to be my
 problem. sorry.

----------[ 26 May 2020 19:18:08 ]----------
Executing: @python C:\SYS\APPS\ANPM\scripts\yum_update_dep.py libstdc++-fwd
Return code: 0
----------[ 26 May 2020 19:18:21 ]----------
Executing: @python C:\SYS\APPS\ANPM\scripts\yum_update.py libstdc++-fwd
Ejecutando verificación de transacción
PackageSackError(): Rpmdb checksum is invalid: dCDPT(pkg checksums): libgcc.i686 0:9.2.0-4.oc00 - u
Error: Rpmdb checksum is invalid: dCDPT(pkg checksums): libgcc.i686 0:9.2.0-4.oc00 - u
PackageSackError()
Return code: 0

Remy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2020, 08:24:26 pm »
Hi Remy,
My understanding is that there was a "RFC" type document for USB at the beginning and IBM faithfully followed it. Unluckily Microsoft didn't, as well as all their vendors so we're left trying to implement the MS version of USB rather then the official implementation.
As for Arca Noae's more recent drivers, my guess is they're mostly focusing on getting USB3 working and once that's done, they'll fix USBCALLS and such. USB3 seems to have turned out much harder then they first thought it seems.

Thanks for your reply Dave.
Yes, I could read some information that USB3 implementation requires lot of work and harder as expected (buffer size etc...)

Regards