Author Topic: Updated Uniaud32 build  (Read 370630 times)

David McKenna

• View Profile
Re: Updated Uniaud32 build
« Reply #645 on: July 26, 2021, 10:40:51 pm »
 Hi Andi,

It's tricky to edit MMPM2.INI properly. I'll attach my attempt to edit yours to include UniAud - rename the attached file MMPM2.INI (can't upload *.INI files here apparently). Would be good if Lars could check it too. Make sure to backup your original MMPM2.INI file, and be prepared to replace it if necessary.

Might be better to try to un-install UniAud (using WarpIn), reboot, then re-install UniAud using the latest official version. It could be that the install detects UniAud as already installed, so does not update MMPM2.INI.

Regards,

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 27, 2021, 09:00:21 am »
Looks good. Just to be sure you can remove the Sequencer= lines.
I don't think it will be necessary to install the drivers from scratch once MMPM2.INI is correct (of course, the drivers will need to be loaded via config.sys). MMPM2.INI has always been the weak spot of the video/audio system.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 27, 2021, 09:50:14 am »
Thanks. Will try as soon as I'm at this system. May take one or two days.

Edit: Thanks David, Lars and Paul. My ArcaOS installation produces sound now. The outputs do not fully match when I change volume with PMUnimix. But that's a task for later time. First I've to repair my main partition on this system so that this works too.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 06:54:04 pm by Andi B. »

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 28, 2021, 12:10:13 am »
Paul, I have given this driver a good shakedown. Cds wil not play, MP3s will not play. the system tends to lock up and release when you try to do Warpin installs.Youtube will not play sound and is sluggish,the video is sluggish there as well.. I do have system sounds and they work well. I again thank you for your effort.

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 07, 2021, 04:14:09 pm »
Anoher update. The new arcanoae release drivers work on my system I did have to run LCSS to get it to be more stables with the Desktop and the mouse. but it is great to have system sounds. Thank you Paul for all your hard work on this.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 07, 2021, 11:38:45 pm »
Hi Eugene,

Anoher update. The new arcanoae release drivers work on my system I did have to run LCSS to get it to be more stables with the Desktop and the mouse. but it is great to have system sounds. Thank you Paul for all your hard work on this.

Good news! I'm not sure what David A does differently when he builds, but I recall on an early version someone had more success with an AN build than mine, even though the core code is identical.

Cheers,

Paul

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 08, 2021, 04:34:43 pm »
Paul AN gave a word of thanks to yo for your work on the news posting.of the release. You and David both deserve credit.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #652 on: August 08, 2021, 07:04:36 pm »
Paul AN gave a word of thanks to yo for your work on the news posting.of the release. You and David both deserve credit.
Hi Eugene.

Was that the "Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe" you own? Can you please post more information about it, like confirm the full model number and harwareID?, I don't know if you have the pci.exe report, and any remark you may share to make it work.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 09, 2021, 04:45:08 am »
Hi Eugene,
Yeah I saw that, which was nice :) I spent literally hundreds of hours on Uniaud last year trying to get the code updated to the current level. Thankfully current maintenance time is minimal, although later this year I'll aim to move us to the next stable LTS (Long Term Support) code level.

Cheers,

Paul.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #654 on: August 09, 2021, 05:06:05 am »
Hi

I will also like to remind the audience that you can also show some appreciation to Paul by donating some sponsor units with the Arca Noae shop.

Thanks for your efforts Paul.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Eugene Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 09, 2021, 10:47:40 pm »
Ye3s you are correct on the sound card ID. attached is the results of the PI sniffer.

Holger Schuett

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 11, 2021, 06:52:44 pm »
Hi there,
has anyone tried the latest uniaud32 builds (either Paul's or the one from AN) on a Laptop where suspend and resume works?

Holger

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #657 on: August 11, 2021, 11:46:55 pm »
Ye3s you are correct on the sound card ID. attached is the results of the PI sniffer.

Thanks Eugene for sharing.

It seems you are using an old pci.ids, since a lot of it shows like "Unknown".
But I'm now able to find which is the hardware ID for the "Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe".

If I set aside all the Intel ones (I guess Creative VendorID is not the same as Intel), I only found this ones:

Vendor 1002h Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
 Device AAB0h Oland/Hainan/Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7000 Series]

Vendor 1B21h ASMedia Technology Inc.
 Device 0612h ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller

Vendor 1969h Atheros Communications Inc.
 Device E0A1h Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Vendor 15B7h Sandisk Corp
 Device 5006h WD Black SN750 / PC SN730 NVMe SSD

I don't know I'm missing something on the report.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 12, 2021, 04:38:21 am »
Hi there,
has anyone tried the latest uniaud32 builds (either Paul's or the one from AN) on a Laptop where suspend and resume works?

Holger

Just tested the latest from AN on my T42, suspend and resume still work here. Old laptop that uses APM rather then ACPI for power control as Warp supported it.

Holger Schuett

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 12, 2021, 10:47:21 am »
Hi Dave,

does sound still work after suspend and resume? Can you play for example *.wav files after resume?

Regards
Holger