OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Multimedia

Updated Uniaud32 build

<< < (148/191) > >>

mauro:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on August 08, 2022, 04:10:04 pm ---
Hi Mauro.

I would do it this way.
- Install the full Uniaud using the latest full installer. (ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/uniaud/Uniaud-20211023.exe)
- Check everything is fine on the VM
- Later install the latest devbuild that Paul's offers here.

Regards

--- End quote ---

Good, thank you

mauro:

--- Quote from: Mark Szkolnicki on August 08, 2022, 09:59:23 pm ---Hi Mauro!

Back in March, after going through 46 pages of posts, I put together a Testing Guide for my own use, as a quick reference source.

I spruced it up a bit today and have attached it below - hope you will find it of some use.

If anyone has any comments related to the guide, let me know and I will update it.

Best!

Mark

--- End quote ---

Thank to you as well Mark,  very useful job

Paul Smedley:
Just an update on the issues with non-HDA hardware and the linux 5.15.x based builds.

I now understand what is different between the HDA driver, and the non-HDA drivers - but I'm not clear yet on what I need to do to fix it.

Steven Levine has provided some invaluable assistance, but I'm wagering I'm missing something obvious that is the final piece of the puzzle.

I'll keep working on it as time permits - it's driving me crazy!

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Smedley:
Hey All,

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on September 03, 2022, 01:08:08 am ---Just an update on the issues with non-HDA hardware and the linux 5.15.x based builds.

I now understand what is different between the HDA driver, and the non-HDA drivers - but I'm not clear yet on what I need to do to fix it.

Steven Levine has provided some invaluable assistance, but I'm wagering I'm missing something obvious that is the final piece of the puzzle.

I'll keep working on it as time permits - it's driving me crazy!

--- End quote ---

Well after spending way too much time on this yesterday, I had an idea today that seems to have fixed the trap on non-HDA hardware.

New debug and release builds at https://smedley.id.au/tmp/uniaud32-linux-5.15.59-20220903.zip

Note: with my AC97 testing on Virtualbox, I'm getting an error initialising the hardware with the release build on a cold boot. If I do a cold boot with the debug driver, then switch to the release driver, then sound works fine - so some secret sauce is still missing :/

Interested in any feedback on this build - even to ensure that I didn't break anything on HDA hardware - but particularly interested in any pci based sound cards, and AC97 - as those use a different code path to the HDA driver.

Cheers,

Paul

Eugene Tucker:
Paul just letting you know the the HDA driver is still working well on my system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version