OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Multimedia

Updated Uniaud32 build

<< < (182/209) > >>

Mark Szkolnicki:
Heh Paul!

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on September 24, 2022, 11:57:23 am ---Separate to the above post, I also updated the uniaud32-next branch to the 5.15.70 code - builds at https://smedley.id.au/tmp/uniaud32-linux-5.15.70-20220924.zip

--- End quote ---

Tried your latest branch port this morning on Manticore II:

The AD1988B chipset works perfectly

Switched to the SB Recon3D on the same system and have excellent sound as per the previous builds - however still only Master Playback Control section is present in PMUnimix, so can only get sound in stereo from the front speakers - however running unimix -names, it lists 45 ID sections - 18 of which are switches (there is no auto-mute function on that card).

I might try enabling some of those switches to see what happens, and whether PMUnimix would recognize them after being enabled.

And also - the Recon3D is still only activated and recognized from a cold boot.

Will try Hyperfire with the new 70 branch later today.

M

Mark Szkolnicki:
Heh Tom!

--- Quote from: Tom on September 26, 2022, 08:04:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: Mark Szkolnicki on September 26, 2022, 04:56:59 pm ---command prompt line for me to disable ......... unimix -id20 -val0=0

So the problem is indeed auto-mute being enabled for this chipset by default.

However still one little drawback to solve - I have to re-enable that every time I reboot warm or cold. Do you know of a way of setting unimix to automatically apply that fix upon reboot?

--- End quote ---

Just put that unimix command in the file startup.cmd , and it will be run every time you start your system.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking about that after I posted, but haven't worked much with Startup.CMD in the past - will have a look at that tonight or tomorrow.

But thanks for the tip and Best!

Mark

Paul Smedley:
Hey Mark,

--- Quote from: Mark Szkolnicki on September 26, 2022, 04:56:59 pm ---First of all auto-mute in Unimix was id20, not id19 (at least on HYPERFIRE .... I used the command "unimix -names" from a prompt, to find the correct setting - it varies, as Manticore II reported it at id23)

But I can report that I disabled it and ......... SOUND WORKS with the ALC892 chipset!!!!!!

command prompt line for me to disable ......... unimix -id20 -val0=0

However still one little drawback to solve - I have to re-enable that every time I reboot warm or cold. Do you know of a way of setting unimix to automatically apply that fix upon reboot?

--- End quote ---

Very brief reply for now... re: 'Auto Mute' I'm going to see if I can automatically disable it within soundmixer.c - I just need to spend some quality time reading the code and understanding how it works..

Cheers,

Paul.

Mark Szkolnicki:
Hey Paul!

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on September 27, 2022, 12:28:35 am ---Hey Mark,

--- Quote from: Mark Szkolnicki on September 26, 2022, 04:56:59 pm ---First of all auto-mute in Unimix was id20, not id19 (at least on HYPERFIRE .... I used the command "unimix -names" from a prompt, to find the correct setting - it varies, as Manticore II reported it at id23)

But I can report that I disabled it and ......... SOUND WORKS with the ALC892 chipset!!!!!!

command prompt line for me to disable ......... unimix -id20 -val0=0

--- End quote ---

Very brief reply for now... re: 'Auto Mute' I'm going to see if I can automatically disable it within soundmixer.c - I just need to spend some quality time reading the code and understanding how it works..

Cheers,

Paul.

--- End quote ---

Changing things slightly in this post, as it sounded a bit churlish last time, which was not my intention. Paul

Will be great if the next version works for everyone - I'm just happy that I finally have a solution  personally......... but will test of course if you find a solution within the driver code.

BTW - 5.15.70 works fine on HYPERFIRE with  ALC892 - as long as I re-enable Unimix auto-mute disabling, after a boot.

Off for my ride this evening - and a fine day to you Sir!

M

Paul Smedley:
Hey Mark,

I took a look at soundmixer.c this evening - I don't see a way to easily set auto-mute to 0 by default. For now, the workaround will need to be using unimix in startup.cmd

I'll look to add something to the readme as well

Cheers,

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version