Author Topic: Cumulus weather software for OS/2  (Read 5074 times)

Koti

Cumulus weather software for OS/2
« on: May 15, 2020, 06:25:16 pm »
Does anyone know where to find the last version of Cumulus weather software for OS/2? Cumulus was developede by Lone Peak Automation ( http://web.archive.org/web/20100102065728/http://home.att.net/~lpainfo/products.html). I have not used OS/2 in some 15 years and I was digging my datafiles and found beta version of Cumulus. I remenber having bought some version of the software, but I can't find that version. My beta version starts in ArcaOs, but error message popups stating, that the beta version time has expired. In my old laptop the beta version works, because the bios clock is still in year 1996 and I have not changed it to current year.

Regards
Koti Kastelli

ivan

• View Profile
Re: Cumulus weather software for OS/2
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 07:30:26 pm »
Hi Koti,

I didn't know that there was an OS/2 version, I have only seen a windows and now the later linux version.  It is the main reason I have a win 7 box available, I am not impressed with the Linux 'display in a browser' display.  Also I have not been able to get the linux version to store the records from my Aercus WS2083 station.

If you do find a working OS/2 version let us know here.

Koti

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 09:23:19 pm »
I think the Cumulus weather software, that one can find on the internet now has nothing to do with the OS/2 Cumulus weather software. Current Windows-Linux version has been developed much later and the developers have just taken the same name for their software. There was one quite big limitation on the Cumulus OS/2 weather software and that was it supports only very few models. Basically it supports only some Oregon Scientific and Huger models. I happen to have Huger 918 model, that is supported by this software. Anyway I let you know, if I happen to find a functioning version of Cumulus for OS/2.

Regards
Koti Kastelli

Sean Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 10:59:29 pm »
Does anyone know where to find the last version of Cumulus weather software for OS/2? Cumulus was developede by Lone Peak Automation ........My beta version starts in ArcaOs, but error message popups stating, that the beta version time has expired.

Lone Peak eventually released their OS/2 House/2 X10 home automation software as freeware.  It's possible they did the same with their Cumulus software. 

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 11:28:06 pm »
Hi Sean,

You could be right there, I seem to remember the last version of the UPS control software they sent me came with a note that it didn't require registration.  Now the problem is where to find a copy of the weather station software for OS/2?

Koti

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 08:52:03 am »
Cumulus weather software for OS/2 was released for free after closing of the company Lone Peak Automation. I have not been able to locate the software on the internet and I am not sure if it is possible to contact the former owner of the company (Armin Schwarz). There is some information about Armin here: http://www.edm2.com/index.php/Armin_Schwarz
Is it possible to upload the beta version somewhere in the OS/2-sphere? Beta version functions at least by changing the bios clock prior to expiration of the beta cycle.

Regards
Koti Kastelli

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 03:09:57 pm »
 It appears this software is available on Hobbes... search wcalcos2.zip.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 05:55:24 pm »
Hi David,

That (wcalcos2.zip) is not the interface to a weather station unit.  It is just a calculator/converter for typed in weather information (degree F to degree C, rain, mm or inch and so on).

Thanks anyway, I hope the other programs are there as well - it is just a matter of working out either the names or where they are.

Koti

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 08:27:46 pm »
Wcalcos2.zip is just a weather calculator. Cumulus weather software installer for OS/2 is called "cmlsinst.exe" at least for the beta program.