Author Topic: WarpIn 1.0.23 - Where is it?  (Read 12326 times)

David Graser

• View Profile
Re: WarpIn 1.0.23 - Where is it?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2020, 10:22:03 pm »
I think the problem is that we are such a small community. That is why it is asked that those that can afford to help do more.  On a platform like Windows, this is irrelevant.

Right now, I can afford to donate more, and I do.  I give contributions to all the developers at times. Right now, I think a new browser is so important that the big part of my donations go to it.  This is a good community and there will be disagreements.  Although we may have disagreements, lets all work together to make this a better platform.  I cannot thank those developers enough that continue to donate their time for no compensation to help improve things.  I thank those developers that do get compensated for their time also.  Their efforts is greatly appreciated.

An idea. It is said that keeping the mind working keeps one sharp in old age.  Find retired programmers and tell them that if they want to keep their minds sharp and want a challenge, try programming for ArcaOS.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 10:26:55 pm by David Graser »

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2020, 01:08:24 am »
I also disagree with the idea of punishing users who don't subscribe. I realize that there are people who think so, and I think they should keep that thought to themselves. Making the OS/2 community smaller isn't going to help. It's also crappy marketing.

But Arca Noae policy does not have to be described in that way. Better to say you can on one hand subscribe all the time or on the other hand, you can buy ArcaOS and then resubscribe when you need updates. Arca Noae has priced this so they don't lose money, and now each user can choose the policy that is best for their circumstances.

If you refresh your machines once every four years, the re subscription fee is less than the cumulative subscription fees. Thus, this policy actually rewards non-subscribers.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2020, 11:59:42 pm »
 David,

How can we know this is you posting, and not your dog?

Regards,

David Kiley

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 08:14:49 am »
David,

How can we know this is you posting, and not your dog?

Regards,

Good point. Wag.a