Author Topic: Some questions about OS/2 Warp Server - Advanced?  (Read 3504 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Some questions about OS/2 Warp Server - Advanced?
« on: June 09, 2020, 09:56:53 pm »
Hi

I had been organizing some little things on the OS2World wiki and I have some doubts about the release order of OS/2 Warp Server.

For what I know the order is:
- OS/2 Warp Server 4 (based in Warp 3)
- OS/2 Warp Server for e-business (4.50)
- OS/2 Warp Server for e-business 4.51
- OS/2 Warp Server for e-business 4.52

Is there any difference between "OS/2 Warp Server 4" and "OS/2 Warp Server 4 Advanced"?

What did came before OS/2 Warp Server 4 ? LAN Server ?  Does anybody remember their release order (First version and last version before  OS/2 Warp Server 4 came out.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Some questions about OS/2 Warp Server - Advanced?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 10:25:28 pm »
Hi

Just reading some old IBM announcement it says.
"OS/2 Warp Server Advanced includes additional productivity features: HPFS386, fault tolerance, and enhanced Pentium optimization. "

I'm wondering if the install media between Server 4 and Server 4 was complete different, or if Server 4 advanced just came with a extra CD with the addons.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Sean Casey

• View Profile
Re: Some questions about OS/2 Warp Server - Advanced?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 12:24:50 am »
Advanced Server came with two boot floppies and two CDROMs, a system and option CD.  HPFS386 was included as part of the system CD and was not a separate CD that you find when purchasing the option separately.   

The Option CD contained "products that provide enhanced functions to your Warp Server and clients.  Everything from advanced network printing solutions, to SystemView Agents, a built in "Help Desk", migration help from NetWare to the award winning IBM Lan Server, and a client file synchronization solution."