Public Discussions > General Advertisements

ArcaOS DVD and bootable USB stick available

<< < (3/12) > >>

Rene Hvidsoe:
To Ivan,

I have a Gigabyte A320M-SH2 V2  with a AMD Ryzen 3 1200.

Regards

Rene

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: Rene Hvidsoe on June 08, 2020, 07:28:12 am ---I have a Gigabyte A320M-SH2 V2  with a AMD Ryzen 3 1200.

--- End quote ---
Interesting. How much RAM is available to OS/2? (Type mem in a command window.)

Is network and sound working?

Eugene Tucker:
I have a problem with the USB stick creating too small a partitcian than I need to copy the ISO to it. One time it created a FAT and the other time a FAT32. Both were under 2 GB's.

Pete:
Hi All

@ivan
Thanks for the e_pf.exe tip.

@Eugene
I had a similar problem with 5.0.4 and used DFSee - http://www.dfsee.com/dfsee/index.php - to create the flash drive partition.

Having discovered I had e_pf.exe installed as part of my "bootAble setup" - https://hrbaan.home.xs4all.nl/bootAble/index.html - I had a go at unpacking boot2.pf which worked fine once I figured out that I actually had to use e_pf.exe as the first couple of tries resulted in "SYS1059: The system cannot execute the specified program." due to the presence of e_pf.com in the same directory.

Having added usbxhcd.sys to config.sys and updated usb from 12.05 to 12.06 my 5.0.4 installation now has working USB3 on my Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev 4.0 mainboard withAMD990FX/SB950 chipset. Obviously limited testing to date but no problems so far.

Martin may want to update the Wiki entry for this mainboard to USB3 Supported by ArcaOS 5.0.5/USB 12.06

Regards

Pete

David McKenna:
      You can also boot the disk/stick to the 'System Management' page, open a command prompt, and type 'copy Z:\USBXHCD.SYS C:\os2\BOOT <enter>' (if the normal boot drive is C:). Then add the line BASEDEV=USBXHCD.SYS to CONFIG.SYS before the other USB**CD.SYS lines (if any) but after usbd.sys. Seems to work OK so far...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version