Public Discussions > General Advertisements

ArcaOS DVD and bootable USB stick available

<< < (4/12) > >>

guzzi:
USB 12.6 has just been released by AN.

Rene Hvidsoe:
To Andreas Schnellbacher,

I have in total 16 GB and aound 12 GB is set to ram disk.

Yes network and sound is working. Is a replacemetn for a 10 year old HP desktop that is showing its age.

PC is working very well.

Rene

Andreas Schnellbacher:
Hi Rene,

--- Quote from: Rene Hvidsoe on June 08, 2020, 07:22:47 pm ---I have in total 16 GB and aound 12 GB is set to ram disk.

Yes network and sound is working. Is a replacemetn for a 10 year old HP desktop that is showing its age.

PC is working very well.

--- End quote ---

thanks. I meant the RAM that's seen by OS/2, without the RAM disk. In ArcaOS, there exists the "mem" utility that shows the RAM available to the system. (I hope it's more than 2 GB.)

That mainboard has an old chipset, but is still available, what makes it so interesting.

Pete:
Hi David

--- Quote from: David McKenna on June 08, 2020, 06:24:00 pm ---... Then add the line BASEDEV=USBXHCD.SYS to CONFIG.SYS before the other USB**CD.SYS lines (if any) but after usbd.sys. Seems to work OK so far...

--- End quote ---

Aaah!

I had added that line after usbehcd.sys - following the "traditional" order 1] uhcd, 2] ohcd, 3] ehcd.

Will try moving the line as I have experienced 2 instances of my USB3 drive not attaching - always attaches the 1st time it is used but after ejecting the drive it sometimes cannot be attached again without a reboot.

Regards

Pete

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---I had added that line after usbehcd.sys - following the "traditional" order 1] uhcd, 2] ohcd, 3] ehcd.

Will try moving the line as I have experienced 2 instances of my USB3 drive not attaching - always attaches the 1st time it is used but after ejecting the drive it sometimes cannot be attached again without a reboot.

--- End quote ---

Apparently, the line order doesn't matter, as long as they all come after USBD.SYS.

A USB 3 device that won't attach, is probably a flaky connector, even if you have already used it.

I see that USBXHCD PREVIEW (with all it's warts) has been released for AN subscription holders. Get it in the usual place. It should do the install properly.

If you plan to UPDATE to ArcaOS 5.0.5, it may be a good idea to install the 12.6 package first, especially if you plan to use an USB 3 controller for the UPDATE. I highly recommend  installing the 12.6 package, plus the USBXHCD Preview package if you have USB 3 hardware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version